Breast Lift / Mastopexy
The changes a woman experiences after childbirth, weight loss, with age, or simply the result of heredity can alter the appearance, size, shape or position of your breasts. A breast lift will help to reposition your breasts, restoring shape and firmness for a more youthful, natural appearance. Your personal consultation will help determine whether a breast lift alone, or the added option of a breast implant will achieve the natural, youthful lifted curves you desire. Your individualized breast lift consultation and plan includes the utilization of West Michigan’s only Vectra 3-D imaging and simulation system allowing you to visualize your personalized results. Dr. Bengtson believes in optimizing his patients consultation experience and has brought this technology exclusively to West Michigan. Visit Dr. Bengtson today to see your breast lift Afters… before surgery! View Dr. Bengtson’s patient before and after photo’s here.
Details & FAQ
What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift surgically lifts and reshapes the breasts, creating breasts that are more firm, rounded and lifted, producing a more youthful position, shape and appearance.
Why might a breast lift be recommended for me?
The changes a woman experiences after childbirth, weight loss, with age, or simply the result of heredity can change the appearance, size, shape or position of your breasts over time.
Who is a candidate for a breast lift?
Although the mean age is about 35, women of various ages from 18-60 elect breast augmentation for many different reasons; Breast asymmetry from birth, lack of proportional development, loss of volume after babies and sagginess that may develop from gravity. All are reasons for choosing breast enhancement. These factors generally define good candidates for breast augmentation procedures:
- Breast lift is performed on an outpatient basis
- Breast lift is performed under general anesthesia
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and are generally concealed beneath modest clothing and lingerie
- Return to normal activities of daily living is usually between 24-48 hours with minimal restrictions. Full sports activity - running, jogging, high impact aerobics is usually 4 weeks
- Results are permanent, but weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results and normal aging and gravity may affect your long term results
- You need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after surgery
- Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation
Research and Innovation
Dr. Brad Bengtson is recognized as one of the leading clinical investigators in the United States with the Natrelle 410 Silicone “Gummy Bear” gel implant. To learn if you are a good candidate for the 410 Silicone “Gummy Bear” style implant call our office. In general you need to meet these criteria:
- Be a female 18 years of age or older
- Have a condition appropriate for breast augmentation,
reconstruction, or revision
- Have adequate tissue available to cover the implant(s)
- Be willing to sign the Informed Consent document which gives you information about your breast implants and confirms your commitment to follow study requirements and acceptance of the potential risks involved.
Dr. Bengtson has many studies looking into 3D photography and simulation of your before and after results
Brad Bengtson, MD, FACS is a global leader in the use of Acellular Dermal Matrix's such as Alloderm and Strattice for revisonal breast enhancement or secondary augmentation surgery that may or may not be recommended to increase the longevity of your result.