You know what it’s like to live with uncomfortably large breasts – the shoulder and neck pain and the difficulty of exercising. Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Brad Bengtson can reduce your large, pendulous, heavy breasts to create a proportionate, attractive and natural appearance for your body. As a result, your breasts are shapely, firm, natural looking and uniquely designed to fit your personal body proportions and lifestyle. In many cases reducing breast size offers relief of back or neck pain, improves posture and your activity. A customized plan will determine the reduction volume to meet your goals, and whether limited incision options are right for you. Your individualized breast reduction consultation and plan includes selection of the type, shape and size of your implant using West Michigan’s only Vectra 3-D imaging and simulation system allowing you to visualize your personalized results. Visit Dr. Bengtson today to see your breast reduction Afters… before surgery! View Dr. Bengtson’s patient before and after photo’s here.
Details & FAQ
What is Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction is a procedure that results in breasts that are smaller, lighter, and rounded by reducing breast fat, glandular tissue and skin. The areola (dark skin surrounding the nipple) is commonly decreased in size and nipples may be repositioned.
Why would breast reduction be recommended for me?
- Women of various ages and due to many circumstances choose breast reduction surgery. These factors generally define good candidates for breast implant procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery
- You understand what breast reduction surgery can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the potential risks of breast surgery and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and you’re stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by breast surgery
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What should I know about breast reduction?
- Breast reduction is performed on an out-patient basis
- Breast reduction is performed under general anesthesia
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are normal outcomes of surgery and are generally concealed by modest lingerie and bras
- Recovery varies by individual, but the vast majorities return to daily activities of living and non-lifting jobs within a week following surgery. Results are permanent, but weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results. Normal aging and gravity may also affect your long term outcome.
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the surgery center
- Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation