Through expert techniques and nearly undetectable incisions, plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson performs endoscopic brow lift to help patients in Grand Rapids and Birmingham, Michigan, who are unhappy with wrinkled, sagging skin on the forehead. Dr. B uses advanced endoscopic techniques to perform browplasty, also known as a forehead or brow lift, at his Grand Rapids practice, the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery. This procedure repositions hooded or low brows to allow for a natural, youthful, and restored appearance.
Brow lift surgery, when performed with experience and vision, can result in a vibrant, happy, and youthful appearance. Dr. Bengtson takes great care not to produce artificial or overdone results, and he does not alter the hairline. A brow lift in Michigan treats the upper portion of the face (above the eyes), and it may be performed as a standalone procedure or a complement to eyelid or facelift surgery for optimal results. Brow lifting decreases the creases across the forehead and at the base of the nose between the eyes, while naturally restoring the brows to their higher position.
In addition, we are finding that the angle of the brows matters just as much as the level of the brows. Dr. Bengtson tailors the lateral brow in each patient to sweep the tail of the brow higher, resulting in a more youthful, open eye.
What is a brow lift?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift or browplasty, smooths expression lines of the brow and forehead, raises a hooded brow, and repositions low-set brows. A brow lift at our Grand Rapids, Michigan, practice typically includes the following techniques:
- Several short incisions of 1 cm or 1/2 inch hidden within the scalp through which an endoscope, a special surgical instrument, is used to release and reposition your eyebrows to a normal, proportional area on your forehead. This is similar to how gall bladders are removed today, but without larger open incision lines.
- Short incisions within the hairline at the temples or within the natural crease of the upper eyelid may also improve the appearance of a hooded brow or frown lines.
Why might a brow lift in Michigan be recommended for me?
Looking young and improving facial appearance and balance of your eyebrows may be attained through facial rejuvenating procedures such as this one.
Who is a good candidate for a brow lift in Birmingham and Grand Rapids?
Age alone does not define who might be a good candidate for facial rejuvenation or brow lift. Men and women at our Grand Rapids practice often choose these kinds of procedures to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. The following factors generally define good candidates for endoscopic brow lift procedures in Michigan:
- You can clearly define why you want brow lift surgery.
- You understand what the procedure can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of the procedure and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by this procedure.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
WHERE SMART & BEAUTY MEET
What else should I know about brow lift surgery at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center?
- Brow lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis at our Grand Rapids facility in Michigan.
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery, and generally concealed within the hair-bearing portion of the scalp. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
- Brow lift surgery is performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia at our Grand Rapids facility.
- Recovery ranges from a few days to 1 week. It may take several weeks to see full results as swelling subsides and tissues heal.
- Results are long lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice, and proper skincare is essential after surgery. Recurrence is a potential complication.
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from your procedure.
- Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
Ultherapy® and BOTOX® Cosmetic: New, Nonsurgical Brow-Lifting Alternatives
If you prefer a non-surgical approach to lifting your brow area, Ultherapy® and BOTOX® Cosmetic injections using a BOTOX Brow Lift technique may also be used to effectively shape and reposition your brows. Ultherapy® is a new, non-surgical brow-lift method that uses ultrasound. Both treatments are office procedures that may be performed in less than one hour with minimal to no downtime.
Ultherapy® is a new type of non-surgical, non-invasive facelift procedure that uses pulsed, focused ultrasound transmitted through the skin without treating or damaging it. Using the body’s own natural healing process, Ultherapy® lifts, tones, and tightens loose skin on the brow, neck, and under the chin. One Ultherapy® treatment can predictably lift the brows 2 to 3 millimeters, effectively shaping the brow angle and creating a greater upward sweep of the tail of the brow. The result is a more open, youthful appearance. For those who prefer a nonsurgical option to improving their appearance, an Ultherapy® brow lift can be a great option for patients in Grand Rapids, Detroit, and Birmingham, Michigan.