Facelift Procedures / Rhytidectomy
When your face reflects who you are in positive ways, you not only look younger – you also feel more confident and energetic. It’s a fact, as you age, your face changes. What were once youthful, beautiful features begin to lose definition. Dr. Brad Bengtson is passionate about providing his patients the benefit of the most advanced, yet proven techniques which allow patients to recover more comfortably and in a shorter period of time. His gifted surgical skills enable him to restore a more youthful, yet natural look. Specialized techniques and procedures customized specifically for you can: smooth sagging neck skin, restore a more defined, firmer-looking jawline or neck that has been hidden by sagging jowls, smooth deep creases and fine lines. Friends and family will notice a younger, restored and refreshed, beautiful new you. Dr. Brad Bengtson is a member of the Allergan Medical Facial Aesthetics Speakers Bureau and is a leader in surgical and non surgical facial aesthetics. He takes pride in personally performing all surgical procedures. He does not allow “residents” or other doctors to perform your surgery.
Details & FAQ
What is a facelift?
A facelift restores a more youthful facial appearance to the mid and lower face, including the neck. Facelift improves heavy facial folds, excess sagging skin and restores youthful facial contours with a result that usually offers a 10-year age improvement. There are various techniques:
- Incisions for a full facelift begin hidden just below the side burn, often inside the ear continuing just in front of, under and behind the earlobe and just below the hairline behind the ear if more neck skin removal is required
- A smaller incision limited to just in front of the ear maybe used to improve the mid-face alone
- A small incision beneath the chin may be added to improve a double chin or a sagging neck or perform liposuction of the neck
- An endoscope, or special surgical instrument, is often used with more limited incisions
Why might a facelift be recommended for me?
Looking young and improving facial appearance may be attained through facial rejuvenating procedures, such as a facelift
Who is a candidate for a facelift?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. These factors generally define good candidates for facelift procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery
- You understand what a facelift can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the potential risks of a facelift procedure and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and you’re stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by a facelift procedure
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What should I know about facelifts?
- Facelifts are performed on an out-patient basis
- Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and will be concealed within the hairline and natural contours of the face. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation
- Facelifts are performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia
- Recovery ranges from 1-2 weeks, although you may return to light, normal daily activity the day following your procedure
- Results are long-lasting but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice and proper skincare is essential after surgery. In addition, normal aging and gravity may affect your outcomes
- Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation. Our goal is to maximize the experience as well as the outcome