Short Incision Facelift / MACS Lift
Innovative, proven and beautiful. The short incision facelift can restore a younger appearance with shortened recovery time, smaller incisions and all the benefits of a full-incision facelift for the right candidate. The MACS (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) lift, is a highly specialized technique that resuspends the facial skin, fat and muscles together. Following a MACS lift, the cheeks and midface are naturally elevated, smoothed and restored resulting in a beautifully, younger image of you.
Details & FAQ
What is a short incision facelift?
The short incision facelift can restore a younger appearance. The benefits of shorter incisions allow for a shortened recovery time and may carry all the benefits of a full-incision facelift for the right candidate. The MACS lift, one popular short-scar technique, is a highly specialized technique that re-suspends the facial skin, fat and muscles together. Following a MACS lift, the cheeks and mid-face are naturally elevated, smoothed and restored. This is a different procedure and a more advanced technique than other short scar techniques, with longer lasting results.
Why might a short incision facelift be recommended for me?
Looking young and improving facial appearance is important to individual self-confidence, and can be achieved through many different procedures including a short-scar facelift.
Who is a candidate for a short incision facelift?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. These factors generally define good candidates for short incision facelift procedures:
- You can clearly define your goals for surgery
- You understand what a short incision facelift can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the potential risks of a short incision facelift procedure and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and you’re stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by a short incision facelift procedure
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What should I know about short incision facelifts?
- Short incision facelift is generally performed on an out-patient basis
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and will be concealed in the hairline or natural contours of the face.
- Short incision facelifts are performed under local anesthesia with sedation or may be performed under general anesthesia
- Recovery varies by individual, but bruising and swelling usually disappear by 1-2 weeks. You will return to light daily activity the day following your procedure
- Results may be permanent but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice and proper skincare is essential after surgery. In addition, normal aging and gravity may affect your outcomes
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation