Cheek, Chin & Jaw Enhancement
A strong jawline and chin is a defining masculine feature and can have a profound affect on facial appearance and your confidence. At the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, expert techniques, specialized implants and facial filling injections can enhance the appearance of a chin that is small or recessed, define a weak or hidden jawline, and bring the lower proportions of the face in balance with other facial features. Overall the goal is to achieve harmony – facial features that complement one another for an appearance that is uniquely and naturally yours.
Details & FAQ
What are cheek, chin & jaw enhancement?
Augmentation or enhancement of specific facial features may be performed with surgical or nonsurgical techniques. Injections with hylauronic acids like Juvederm® or collagen-based Evolence® may be performed as an office-based procedure, or chin and jaw implants may be implanted to enhance the angles, size or projection of facial features:
- Injections may be performed under local anesthesia only
- If implants are used, incisions are often placed inside the mouth
- External incisions may be placed below the chin to insert a chin implant
- Jaw implants may also be placed through incisions made during a facelift or other procedures
Cheek enhancement involves surgically implanted or injected devices that redefine flat or hollow cheeks:
- Implants may be placed through incisions inside the mouth, lower eyelid, at the temples or through incisions commonly made during facelift procedures
- Injectable dermal fillers may temporarily reshape the fullness and soft contours of the cheeks and mid-face. Your own fat may also be used to provide a more permanent solution
Why might cheek, chin & jaw enhancement be recommended for me?
Looking young and improving facial harmony may be attained through cosmetic procedures enhancement of small or recessed jaw or chin, and of a mid-face that is flat or lacking contour from lack of volume
Who is a candidate for cheek, chin & jaw enhancement?
Women and men of many ages and circumstances undergo cosmetic procedures to attain facial harmony. These factors generally define good candidates for cheek, chin & jaw enhancement:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery
- You understand what cheek, chin & jaw enhancement can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the potential risks of cheek, chin & jaw enhancement and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and you’re stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by cheek, chin & jaw enhancement
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What should I know about cheek, chin & jaw enhancement?
- Injections are performed in the office under local anesthesia or as a part of another general procedure
- Cheek, chin & jaw implants are performed on an out-patient basis
- Scars are a normal outcome of surgery. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation
- Cheek, chin & jaw enhancement are performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia
- Recovery ranges from 1-7 days. However, you’ll be able to be active the day of the surgery
- Results with surgically placed implants may be long-lasting but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice and proper skincare is essential after surgery
- Results for injectables are dependent on the location and type of material used
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center
- Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation