The most popular, and growing category of cosmetic medicine are injections that diminish and smooth away wrinkles, improve defects such as folds or depressions in the skin and enhance facial features. At the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, we are innovators and educators in the field of cosmetic injections and understand how to enhance masculine features and meet a man’s unique needs for his appearance. One of the few training sites in the United States for these procedures, and all of our injections are physician administered by Dr. Bengtson. Using only U.S. FDA approved injectables, you can trust our expertise, extensive experience, our vision and ability to achieve results to help you look naturally younger and more attractive. Cosmetic injections alone may provide the results you want, or injections may complement other non-surgical or surgical procedures. Dr. Bengtson is one of the few national trainers for Botox® Cosmetic and Juvéderm® facial fillers.
Details & FAQ
What is Botox® Cosmetic?
A protein placed specifically in the muscles of the forehead or crow’s feet around the eyes used to selectively decrease muscle function and prevent the formation of wrinkling and deep lines. Botox® Cosmetic improves the appearance and decreases the prominence of existing frown lines, forehead furrows or crow’s feet. Injections are usually repeated every three to four months to maintain results.
Why might I consider Botox® Cosmetic?
Looking younger and improving facial appearance often may be attained through non-surgical solutions such as using Botox or in conjunction with facial surgery or other procedures and skin care. Decreasing animation and frown lines can make you look less tired and angry creating a more fresh and bright look.
Who chooses Botox® Cosmetic?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. Millions of patients safely undergo Botox Cosmetic every year in the United States alone. These factors generally define good candidates for Botox® Cosmetic:
- You can clearly define why you want the injection
- You understand what Botox® Cosmetic can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the risks of Botox® Cosmetic and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by Botox® Cosmetic
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What do I need to know about Botox® Cosmetic?
- Results are not permanent and will need to be re-injected every 3 to 6 months to maintain results
- Common side effects are minimal bruising and numbness but are minimal and short in duration
- You should understand that all cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation