Through expert techniques and nearly undetectable incisions, endoscopic browlift can erase the furrows and frown lines that make you look tired, angry or confused. Repositioning of hooded or low brows allows for a more natural, youthful and restored appearance. Browlift surgery, when performed with experience and vision, results in an appearance that looks vibrant, happy and youthful. Nothing looks pulled, artificial or overdone and your hairline remains unchanged. A browlift treats the upper portion of the face (above the eyes) and may be performed in conjunction with eyelid or facelift surgery or as a stand-alone procedure.
Details & FAQ
What is a browlift?
A brow lift improves expression lines of the brow and forehead, improves a hooded brow and repositions low set brows. Techniques include:
- Several short incisions of 1 cm or 1/2 inch hidden within the scalp through which an endoscope, a special surgical instrument, is used to release and reposition your eyebrows back up to a normal proportional area on your forehead..
- Short incisions within the hairline at the temples or within the natural crease of the upper eyelid may also improve the appearance of a hooded brow or frown lines.
Why might a browlift be recommended for me?
Looking young and improving facial appearance and balance of your eyebrows may be attained through facial rejuvenating procedures, such as this one.
Who is a candidate for browlifts?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. These factors generally define good candidates for endoscopic browlift procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery.
- You understand what an endoscopic browlift procedure can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of an endoscopic browlift procedure and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and you’re stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by an endoscopic browlift procedure.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What should I know about browlifts?
- Browlifts are performed on an out-patient basis
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery, and generally concealed within the hair-bearing portion of the scalp. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation
- Browlifts are performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia
- Recovery ranges from a few days to 1 week. It also may take several weeks to months for you to see full results as swelling subsides and tissues heal
- Results are long-lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice and proper skincare is essential after surgery and recurrence is a potential complication
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from your procedure
- Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation