Meet Dr. Bengtson
DR. BRAD BENGTSON offers patients natural results that do not appear operated or “over-done.” Fine detail and excellence are central not only to your surgical procedure or treatment but your entire experience.
An innovator in the science of aesthetic surgery, Dr. Bengtson has authored landmark textbooks, book chapters, and peer reviewed journal articles and he lectures regionally, nationally and internationally.
He is a lead investigator for the new Natrelle Style 410 Highly Cohesive Gel implant in the U.S., current Chairman of the Natrelle 410 Strategic Council and current and founding member of Allergan’s Executive Council. He is a patent holder of six medical devices, and a national and international educator and leader in breast aesthetic research, and has received the prestigious Tiffany Award for the Best Annual Research by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in 2009. Dr. Bengtson is one of the global leaders in the use of Acellular Dermal Matrix (Alloderm/Strattice) in revisional cosmetic breast surgery.
Dr. Bengtson has been selected to the Allergan National Education Faculty for his record of safety and outcomes with BOTOX® Cosmetic and Juvéderm®, and other U.S. FDA approved cosmetic injectables. He is one of the most sought after Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon regional and national trainer for BOTOX® Cosmetic, Juvéderm® facial fillers as well as breast aesthetics. He was the First STAR Trainer for Evolence in Michigan, and is a registered New Beauty Expert injector.
Dr. Bengtson has been selected as one of the top plastic surgeons in the United States by Best Doctors in America®, an authoritative listing of the nation’s top physicians in each medical specialty. Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 1996 to 2013.
Dr Bengtson was most recently honored to be selected Grand Rapids’ “Best Plastic Surgeon”, by the Grand Rapids Magazine readers for 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013.
View Dr. Bengtson's Accolades and Credentials
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1995
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Recertification, 2004
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1997
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1987
- State of Michigan Medical License, Active, 1987
- State of Texas Medical License, 1992
- State of Georgia Medical License, 2011
MEMBERSHIP: PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Christian Medical & Dental Society
- Royal and Ancient Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons
- Mid West Association of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Kent County Medical Society
- Society of Civil War Surgeons
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- A lead investigator in breast implant development and plastic surgery research
- Voted Best of Grand Rapids for Plastic Surgery for 2 consecutive years, 2010-2012
- Black Diamond Provider less than 1% of Plastic Surgeon providers in the United States
- Tiffany Award Recipient American Society for Aesthetics Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) - 2009
- Best Doctors in America in Plastic Surgery for 17 consecutive years
CURRENT HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
1991 – present
- Spectrum Health Hospital System Butterworth Hospital and Blodgett Hospitals
2008 – present
- Southwest Surgical Center
- Grand Valley Surgical Center