Grand Rapids, Michigan based Dr. Brad Bengtson is among the most experienced and busiest breast augmentation experts in the United States. In May 2012 he was selected as the Leader to educate and certify surgeons in the United States regarding the “Gummy Bear” 410 Cohesive Gel implant. Dr. Bengtson is a lead investigator for the Style 410 “Gummy Bear” breast implant in the United States currently under review by the FDA and has one of the largest patient studies for this implant in the U.S. He is part of a select group that promotes Tissue Based Planning principles and lectures across the United States and Europe and is dedicated to help patients select from a range of breast implants that are proportionate to your breast and your body. Dr. Bengtson’s approach to breast augmentation is to enhance your breast size or volume, improve the shape or firmness of your breasts and create a natural breast appearance. Your individualized breast enlargement consultation and plan includes selection of the type, shape and size of your implant using West Michigan’s only Vectra 3-D imaging and simulation system allowing you to visualize your personalized results. Visit Dr. Bengtson today to see your breast enhancement Afters… before surgery! Positioning of the breast implant is determined by your natural breast tissue, fitness and lifestyle. Dr. Bengtson promote’s a 24 hour, Fast-Trak recovery program by creating the breast implant pocket in an a-traumatic way, placing implants proportional to your breast pocket, and encouraging early range of motion and quick return to activities of daily living with few restrictions. Every woman is unique; your breast augmentation experience at the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery is tailored uniquely to fit your goals, lifestyle, breasts and body. To view Dr. Bengtson’s patient before and after photos click here.
Details & FAQ's
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation enhances breast size and shape with a surgically placed breast implant. Desired breast shape, size and projection in addition to a woman’s natural breast tissue, frame and body size are all evaluated to establish enhanced, natural, proportional and beautiful breasts.
Who is a candidate for Breast Enhancement Surgery?
Although the average age is about 35, women of various ages from 18-60 elect breast augmentation and enlargement for many different reasons: Breast asymmetry from birth, lack of proportional development, loss of volume after babies and saggy breasts may develop from gravity and all be reasons for choosing breast enhancement. These factors generally define good candidates for breast enlargement procedures:
- You can clearly define why you would like a breast enhancement surgery
- You understand what breast enlargement surgery can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the risks of breast enhancement surgery and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the
results achieved by breast augmentation surgery
- You accept that breast implants are not for life and that you may need follow-up and
eventually have your implants exchanged
- You are looking for a proportional, natural and restored breast result
What should I know about Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Breast augmentation is performed on an outpatient basis, under general anesthesia, utilizing Dr. Brad Bengtson's Fast Track Recovery program
- The placement of your implants may be beneath your breast tissue, partially
beneath the pectoral or chest muscle, or a combination of the two
- The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your
consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and are generally concealed
in the breast crease, around the nipple/areola or in the underarm area
- Return to normal activities of daily living is usually between 24-48 hours with
minimal restrictions. Full sports activity - running, jogging, high impact aerobics
is usually 4 weeks
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after surgery
- Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office
- Weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results and normal aging and
gravity may affect your results over time
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks
- There are decisions you will make and trade-offs based on the type of implant, incision approaches and implant selection which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation
Research and Innovation
In May 2012 he was selected as the Leader to educate and certify surgeons in the United States regarding the "Gummy Bear" 410 Cohesive Gel implant. Dr. Bengtson is a lead investigator for the Natrelle Style 410 “Gummy Bear” breast implant in the United States currently under review by the FDA and has one of the largest patient studies for this implant in the United States. He is part of a select group that promotes Tissue Based Planning principles and lectures across the United States and Europe and is dedicated to help patients select from a range of breast implants that are proportionate to your breast and your body. To learn if you are a good candidate for the 410 Silicone “Gummy Bear” implant call our office. In general you need to meet these criteria:
- Be a female 18 years of age or older
- Have a condition appropriate for breast enhancement,
reconstruction, or revision
- Have adequate tissue available to cover the implant(s)
- Be willing to sign the Informed Consent document which
gives you information about your breast implants and confirms your commitment to follow study requirements and acceptance of the potential risks involved.
Dr. Bengtson has many studies on 3D photography and simulation of your before and after results and is one of the global leaders of Acellular Dermal Matrix such as Alloderm and Strattice for breast augmentation secondary revision surgery.