BOTOX® Cosmetic – Grand Rapids
The most popular, and growing category of cosmetic medicine are injectables that prevent or smooth away wrinkles, or that can enhance facial features such as lips, improve folds or depressions in the skin, or even restore fullness to hands that have become bony looking for a more youthful appearance. At the Grand Rapids, Michigan based Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, we are innovators and educators in the field of cosmetic injections. Using only U.S. FDA approved injectables, such as Juvederm, Juvederm XC, Juvederm Ultra, Radiesse and Restylane, you can trust our expertise, extensive experience, our vision and ability to achieve results to help you look naturally younger and beautiful. Cosmetic injections alone may provide the results you want, or injections may complement other non-surgical or surgical procedures. Dr. Bengtson has performed thousands of cosmetic injections and is one of the top National Trainers for BOTOX® Cosmetic and Juvéderm® in the United States.
Dr. Bengtson and the Bengtson team was recently awarded for the second consecutive year the highest award with Allergan Medical, the Black Diamond level!
Details & FAQ
What is Botox® Cosmetic?
A protein placed specifically in the muscles of the forehead or crow’s feet around the eyes used to selectively decrease muscle function and prevent the formation of wrinkling and deep lines. Botox® Cosmetic improves the appearance and decreases the prominence of existing frown lines, forehead furrows or crow’s feet. Injections are usually repeated every three to four months to maintain results.
Why might I consider Botox® Cosmetic?
Looking younger and improving facial appearance often may be attained through non-surgical solutions such as using Botox or in conjunction with facial surgery or other procedures and skin care. Decreasing animation and frown lines can make you look less tired and angry creating a more fresh and bright look.
Who chooses Botox® Cosmetic?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. Millions of patients safely undergo Botox Cosmetic every year in the United States alone. These factors generally define good candidates for Botox® Cosmetic:
- You can clearly define why you want the injection
- You understand what Botox® Cosmetic can and cannot accomplish
- You accept the risks of Botox® Cosmetic and your responsibilities as a patient
- You are healthy, emotionally secure and stable
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by Botox® Cosmetic
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
What do I need to know about Botox® Cosmetic?
- Results are not permanent and will need to be re-injected every 3 to 6 months to maintain results
- Common side effects are minimal bruising and numbness. Both are minimal and short in duration
- You should understand that all cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation