Expert surgical techniques enable Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Bradley Bengtson to perform cheek, chin, and jaw enhancement surgery for men in his Grand Rapids practice. These procedures help men obtain a strong jawline and chin, which are masculine features that can have a profound effect on appearance and self-confidence.
At the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, advanced techniques, specialized implants, and the latest dermal fillers can enhance a chin that is small or recessed, define a weak or hidden jawline, and balance the lower portion of the face with other facial features. Overall, Dr. Bengtson’s goal with chin and jaw enhancement surgery for men in Grand Rapids is to achieve symmetry and harmony for an appearance that is uniquely and naturally yours.
Details & FAQ
What is cheek, chin, or jaw enhancement surgery?
Chin, cheek, or jaw enhancement surgery for men at our Grand Rapids practice may be performed with both surgical and nonsurgical techniques. The nonsurgical techniques are becoming more popular because of the recent launch of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, which is a hyaluronic acid similar to JUVÉDERM® XC that may be performed as an office-based procedure. In addition, liposuction with high-quality fat transferred to the face may also be performed, particularly in patients looking for significant volume.
Jaw enhancement surgery for men at our Grand Rapids practice often involves chin and jaw implants, which help enhance the angles, size, or projection of facial features:
- Injections may be performed under local anesthesia only.
- If implants are used, incisions are often either hidden or placed inside the mouth.
- To insert a chin implant, external incisions may be placed below the chin.
- Jaw implants may also be placed through incisions made during a facelift or other procedures.
Cheek enhancement surgery for men at our Grand Rapids practice typically involves surgically implanted or injected materials or fat, which can help redefine flat or hollow cheeks:
- Implants may be placed through incisions inside the mouth, lower eyelid, at the temples, or through incisions commonly made during facelift procedures.
- Injectable dermal fillers may temporarily reshape the fullness and soft contours of the cheeks and mid-face. These fillers can include a patient’s own fat, which is often used to provide a more permanent solution.
Why might cheek, chin, or jaw enhancement be recommended for me?
Looking young and improving facial harmony may be attained through cosmetic procedures. A cheek, chin, or jaw enhancement surgery for men at our Grand Rapids practice can enhance a small or recessed jaw or chin, define a weak or hidden jawline, and provide contour to a mid-face that is flat or lacking volume.
Who is a good candidate for cheek, chin, or jaw surgery for men in Grand Rapids?
Good candidates for cheek, chin, or jaw enhancement include men and women at our Grand Rapids practice who want to improve the masculine features of their face or treat and delay visible indications of facial aging. The following factors generally define good candidates for these procedures:
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery.
- You understand what cheek, chin & jaw enhancement can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of this procedure and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain your results.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What should I know about cheek, chin, or jaw enhancement for men at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center?
- Injections are performed in the office under local anesthesia or as a part of another general procedure.
- Cheek, chin, and jaw implants are performed on an outpatient basis.
- Scars are a normal outcome of surgery. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
- Cheek, chin, or jaw enhancement for men at our Grand Rapids practice is performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia.
- Recovery ranges from 1 to 7 days. However, you’ll be able to remain active the day of the surgery.
- Results with surgically placed implants may be long lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice, and proper skincare for men is essential after surgery.
- Results for injectables depend on the location and type of material used.
- New products like JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC may last for 2 to 3 years.
- The beauty of injectables is that they are titratable, which means we can always add more if necessary.
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center.
- After your procedure, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.