There are plenty of dermal fillers to choose from, but if you’re looking for one that lifts and restores volume to your face, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC may be perfect for you. At the Grand Rapids transforMD Skin and Laser Center, plastic surgeon Dr. Bengtson and his injection specialists have the experience and training to help you select the right product, or combination of products, to achieve the youthful results you desire. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC gives our Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit patients a quick, safe, and effective alternative for replenishing lost facial volume and reducing wrinkles and fine lines. The result? An instantly lifted, re-volumized, restored look that can take years off your appearance.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is a smooth gel filler that Grand Rapids plastic surgeon Dr. Bengtson and his injection specialists use to instantly add volume to the cheek and mid-face area. It is the first and only FDA-approved filler to correct age-related volume loss in this region, and after just one treatment, you can enjoying natural-looking contours that last up to 2 years!
What is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is a hyaluronic-based injectable gel dermal filler offered for our Birmingham, Grand Rapids, and Detroit patients. Hyaluronic acid is found in every cell of our body. As a natural filler, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is used to enhance soft-tissue volume to add fullness and/or smooth wrinkles. Comprised of non-animal sources, hyaluronic-based fillers mimic the natural moisture-binding qualities of the skin and are safely and slowly re-absorbed by your body over time.
Why might I consider choosing this product over other dermal fillers?JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC helps our Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit patients replenish volume lost during the natural aging process. It can also soften facial lines and wrinkles using a smooth, natural compound found in every cell of the body. Our patients experience a more youthful, re-volumized, lifted appearance of their face. If you desire to look younger without surgery and are bothered by hollow, flattened cheeks or a sunken facial appearance, it may be time to consider JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC. At the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center, VOLUMA™ is our dermal filler of choice for revitalizing and revolumizing the cheeks and mid-face region.
Who is a good candidate for JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC in the Grand Rapids and Birmingham area?
Age alone does not determine who would be a good candidate for JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC. At our Grand Rapids practice women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible signs of aging. The following factors generally define good candidates for this procedure:
- You are looking for increase in volume of your cheek area or chin, as well as a revolumized and lifted look.
- You understand what JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of this procedure and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by this treatment.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
WHERE SMART & BEAUTY MEET
What else should I know about this procedure?
- Results last up to 2 years and are not permanent. Repeat treatments will be needed to maintain results; however, VOLUMA™ is currently the longest-lasting natural filler.
- The most common side effects are temporary injection-site redness, swelling, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, and bruising. Most side effects are mild and resolve within a week.
- All cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
How will I know what I will look like after my JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injections at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center?
VECTRA® 3D Imaging of before and after images, along with simulation, may also be used to help you visualize your post-injection results.