Laser Hair Removal in Grand Rapids, Michigan
If you are seeking a long-term solution to unwanted body or facial hair, it’s time to consider laser hair removal. The Grand Rapids Bengtson Center offers medical-grade laser hair removal for Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Detroit residents who have grown frustrated by tweezing, shaving, waxing, electrolysis, or hair-removal creams that burn their skin or lead to ingrown hairs. Our expertly trained team of hair-removal specialists can help you reduce unwanted hair on your body or face-for a difference you can see and feel!
FDA-approved laser technologies for hair removal use highly concentrated beams of light to safely and precisely target hair follicles, while avoiding the surrounding skin. Laser hair removal can help Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Detroit residents significantly decrease dark hair from the following areas:
- Face: upper lip, eyebrows, chin, jaw, sideburns, or neck
- Upper torso: underarms, chest, décolletage, abdomen, shoulders, or back
- Lower torso: bikini area, buttocks, or small of back
- Limbs: legs, thighs, arms, hands, fingers, or toes
Laser hair removal gives Grand Rapids residents a safe, efficient, effective alternative for significantly reducing unwanted hair and revealing beautiful, smooth skin underneath.
What is laser hair removal?
Hair removal with laser technology involves using focused light energy to penetrate the hair shaft, destroy the hair root, and damage the follicle. Most laser hair removal treatments in our Grand Rapids office take 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area. Patients typically require a series of 3 to 6 treatments for optimal results, with touch-ups once or twice a year to maintain results, allowing for easy management of any remaining follicles.
Who is a good candidate for this procedure?
Women and men of all ages choose to have laser hair removal at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center to reduce excessive or unwanted hair on their face or body. Millions of patients safely undergo these treatments each year in the United States alone.
The following factors generally define good candidates for laser hair removal at our Grand Rapids practice:
- You can clearly define why you want this treatment.
- You understand what the treatment can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept its risks and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You accept that you may need to return periodically for touch-ups to maintain your results.
- You have realistic expectations.
This procedure works most successfully when used to remove dark hair from light-skinned individuals. During your consultation for laser hair removal, our Grand Rapids team will help you determine whether this is the right procedure to meet your goals.
What else should I know about laser hair removal for Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Detroit?
- Most patients will need touch-up treatments every 6 to 12 months to maintain results.
- Common side effects immediately following the procedure include redness and minor irritation, but both should subside in a day or two.
- You should understand that all cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.