Just before Labor Day weekend in 2015, Christie* came to the Bengtson Center for a breast augmentation in Grand Rapids. The avid runner who works in media sales was getting silicone implants, which she had been considering since she was a teenager because she’d always felt out of proportion.
“I’m 5’7”, 130 pounds,” Christie said. “I’m not a tiny, petite person, and I felt my body wasn’t as proportionate as I felt it should be.”
She went on to explain that she was never comfortable with how her body looked, especially in her bathing suit or at the gym: “I felt like I looked like a boy,” she added. “It’s a decision I didn’t take likely. I didn’t want to have any regrets. I didn’t want it to look unnatural.”
Christie had spoken to Dr. Brad Bengtson about breast augmentation years before, but life got in the way, and she never moved forward with the actual procedure. Until the summer of 2015. She reconnected with Dr. Bengtson and felt comfortable with his honest and thoughtful answers to her questions, as well as his commitment to her ultimate goal—not just in how she would look, but in how she wanted to feel about her body.
She admits that she felt nervous the day of the surgery, though she also notes that after the mental build-up and anticipation, the procedure itself was uneventful in a good way.
Now, a year later and happy with her silhouette, she said that her only regret is not getting the breast augmentation procedure done sooner. She summed up her results in one word, though she said it twice: “Amazing. Amazing.”
Having experienced Dr. Bengtson’s surgical skill, as well as his Fast-Trak program that had her out to dinner the evening of her surgery (after a nap, of course) and back to work after just four days, Christie offered these comments as advice to any woman considering breast augmentation at the Bengtson Center or anywhere:
• “You have to be completely sure and confident in whatever provider you decide to do this. It’s not over and done with. It’s a relationship. They have to get to know you and your lifestyle, your personality, and what you’re looking to achieve.”
• “Don’t worry about the surgery. It’s a piece of cake. I think of all the things I was excited and anxious about it, but there’s nothing to worry about.”
• “Don’t worry about post-op. Just plan on being able to get back to normal life as soon as possible.”
• “If you feel strongly it’s something you want to do and you’re willing and able, there’s no reason to delay in making a decision.”
Thank you, Christie, for sharing your experience!
Call (615) 588-8880 or contact the Bengtson Center online to learn more about breast augmentation.
* This patient’s name has been changed.Written by Bengtson Center for Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery
2155 East Paris Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Plastic Surgeons Dr. Bengtson and Dr. Alfonso, along with the team at the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery, provide advanced surgical and cosmetic treatments for patients from Grand Rapids, Birmingham, Detroit, and Kalamazoo, Michigan.Fees & Financing