If you have uncomfortably large breasts, you know what a burden they can be. Birmingham and Grand Rapids breast reduction patients can have life-changing results, relieving shoulder and neck pain, improving posture, and helping you rediscover the joys of exercise and everyday physical activity.
To achieve optimal results, Dr. Bengtson may recommend a breast lift (mastopexy) if you do not qualify for an insurance-covered breast reduction.
In addition, to make sure you’ve made the right decisions about your breast reduction, you will be able to visualize your personalized results with West Michigan’s only VECTRA 3D imaging and simulation system and actually see what your breasts will look like lifted.
Dr. Bengtson will also discuss with you whether Acellular Dermal Matrix such as AlloDerm and Strattice™ may be recommended to improve the likelihood of success and longevity of your breast reduction results. To view the before and after photos of some of Dr. Bengtson’s breast reduction patients from the Birmingham and Grand Rapids area, click here.Real Patient Stories
Breast reduction is a surgical procedure that results in breasts that are smaller, lighter, and better shaped by reducing breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin.
The areola (dark skin surrounding the nipple) is commonly decreased in size, and nipples may be repositioned. Breast reduction can help decrease your back, neck, and shoulder pain and discomfort related to your breast size. It can also reduce the bra strap shoulder groove and improve the overall cosmetic appearance of your breasts.
1. Breast reduction is performed on an outpatient basis.
2. Breast reduction is performed under general anesthesia, and the procedure takes between 1.5 and 3 hours.
3. During your consultation for a breast reduction Grand Rapids plastic surgeon, Dr. Bengtson will discuss your incision pattern for your procedure. Scars are normal outcomes of surgery and are generally concealed by modest lingerie and bras.
4. Recovery varies by individual, but many patients are able to return to daily activities of living and non-lifting jobs within a week following surgery. Results are permanent, but weight loss, weight gain, or pregnancy can alter your results. Normal aging and gravity may also affect your long-term outcomes.
5. Dr. Bengtson offers a complete range of implants: silicone, silicone gel, gel, cohesive gel, Style 410 “Gummy Bear,” and saline implants. If appropriate, he will guide you in selecting the best implant size and style for your desired breast shape, size, and projection.
6. To achieve desired results, some of our Birmingham and Grand Rapids breast reduction patients also choose to incorporate breast implants in their surgery.
7. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the surgery center.
8. Afterward, you will return to your home or hotel. Our Concierge Program assists our out-of-town guests in finding accommodations at one of the premier hotels nearby, including the JW Marriott.
9. All surgery carries the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
Due to many circumstances, women of various ages choose breast reduction surgery. The following factors generally define good candidates for breast reduction procedures:
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson can reduce your large breasts, both reducing pain and discomfort as well as creating a proportionate, attractive, and natural appearance for your body.
Breast reduction helps Birmingham and Grand Rapids area patients achieve firmer, more natural-looking, better-shaped breasts that are uniquely designed to fit their personal body proportions and lifestyle. In your individualized consultation, Dr. Bengtson will help you create a customized plan to meet your goals, discussing and helping you decide on the following:
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Request your appointment online or call 616.588.8880 to arrange a private consultation with Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso for breast reduction in Grand Rapids, Michigan.Fees & Financing