If you feel self-consciousness because your ears protrude or are misshapen, ear surgery for men at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center can help.
Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson uses advanced techniques to create a natural angle between your head and your ears.
Where needed, he can also create a pleasing fold and contour to your ears. As a result of male ear surgery, most Grand Rapids and Birmingham patients are extremely satisfied with their results: ears that naturally complement facial features and contribute to a balanced, harmonious appearance.
What is ear surgery?
Ear surgery, also known as otoplasty, decreases the projection and the angle of the ear in relation to the head. It also improves the shape of the ear.
Ear surgery for men at our Grand Rapids practice can also improve structural deformities that result in a misshapen or absent ear. Typically an incision is made in the back portion of the ear to either reshape or reduce the cartilage and reposition the Y-shaped folds of the ear.
Improving facial harmony through ear surgery can dramatically increase men’s self-confidence at our Grand Rapids practice. Dr. Bengtson recommends ear surgery for men in his Grand Rapids practice to help them achieve the following benefits:
Men of many ages and circumstances undergo male ear surgery at our Grand Rapids practice. The following factors generally define good candidates for this procedure:
1. Ear surgery for men is performed in our Grand Rapids practice on an outpatient basis.
2. Your surgery may be performed under either general anesthesia or local sedation.
3. Results are long lasting, and proper skincare for men is essential after surgery.
4. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from surgery.
5. Recovery ranges from 7 to 10 days, although you will return to light, normal daily activity immediately following surgery.
6. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
7. Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
2155 East Paris Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Contact Dr. Brad Bengtson or D. David Alfonso today to learn more about ear surgery for men. You can reach our Grand Rapids office by requesting your consultation online or phoning us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing