Using specialized techniques and carefully placed incisions, Plastic Surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson performs facelift surgery to help patients in Detroit, Grand Rapids and Birmingham, Michigan, who are unhappy with the wrinkled, sagging appearance of their face or neck. As we age, our face changes:
full, youthful features begin to lose definition, our skin and tissues sag, and we lose volume. Dr. Bengtson feels passionate about offering his patients the most advanced, proven techniques available so that he can deliver maximum results with minimal recovery and down time. His surgical skills enable him to restore a youthful, natural look.
Dr. B knows that when your face reflects who you are in positive ways, you not only look younger, you feel younger-attractive and energized. Dr. Bengtson performs facelift surgery in Michigan using expert techniques customized specifically for his facelift patients from Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Birmingham. Depending on your specific needs, he can smooth sagging neck skin, restore a more defined, firmer-looking jaw, tighten sagging jowls, and smooth deep creases and fine lines. Friends and family will notice that you look younger and refreshed, but strangers would never guess that you have had surgery at all. Dr. B takes pride in personally performing all surgical procedures.
What is a facelift?
A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, restores a more youthful, balanced facial appearance to the mid and lower face, including the neck.
Facelift in Michigan for our Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Birmingham patients focuses primarily on improving jowling and upper neck skin, but it also improves facial folds and excess sagging facial skin. Facelift at our Grand Rapids Bengtson Center can restore youthful facial contours, making many of our patients look younger. Facelift in Michigan at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center involves a variety of techniques:
Looking more youthful and improving facial appearance may be attained through facial rejuvenating procedures such as a facelift at our Grand Rapids office in Michigan.
Age alone does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation, including facelift.
Women and men from Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Birmingham choose facial rejuvenation procedures to delay or improve visible features of facial aging. The following factors generally define good candidates for facelift procedures in Michigan:
1. Facelifts are performed on an outpatient basis.
2. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center.
3. All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation. Our goal is to maximize both your outcome and your overall experience.
4. Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
5. Results are long lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice, and proper skincare is essential after surgery.
6. Facelift surgery for our Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Birmingham patients is performed under local anesthesia with sedation or rarely under general anesthesia.
7. Recovery is usually about a week and, using new techniques, most patients have minimal to no bruising. You may return to light, normal daily activity the day following your procedure.
8. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery, but they will be concealed within the hairline and natural contours of the face. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
Ultherapy® is a new, non-surgical face lift that uses ultrasound. All treatments are office procedures that may be performed in less than one hour with minimal to no downtime. Ultherapy® is a new type of non-surgical, non-invasive facelift procedure that uses pulsed, focused ultrasound transmitted through the skin without treating or damaging it. Using the body’s own natural healing process, Ultherapy® lifts, tones, and tightens loose skin on the brow, neck, and under the chin. One Ultherapy® treatment can predictably lift the brows 2 to 3 millimeters, effectively shaping the brow angle and creating a greater upward sweep of the tail of the brow. The result is a more open, youthful appearance. For those who prefer a nonsurgical option to improving their appearance, an Ultherapy® facelift can be a great option for patients in Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Birmingham, Michigan.
2155 East Paris Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Contact Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso in Michigan today to learn more about your surgical and nonsurgical options for facelift. You can reach our Grand Rapids office by requesting your consultation online or phoning us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing