Using specialized techniques and carefully placed incisions, Grand Rapids plastic surgeons, Dr. Bengtson and Dr. Alfonso perform facelift surgery to help patients in Detroit, Grand Rapids and Birmingham, Michigan, who are unhappy with the wrinkled, sagging appearance of their face or neck. As we age, our face changes:
Full, youthful features begin to lose definition, our skin and tissues sag, and we lose volume. Dr. Bengtson and Dr. Alfonso feel passionate about offering their patients the most advanced, proven techniques available so that they can deliver maximum results with minimal recovery and down time. Their surgical skills enable their to restore a youthful, natural look.
Dr. B knows that when your face reflects who you are in positive ways, you not only look younger, you feel younger — attractive and energized. When performing a facelift Grand Rapids facelift professional, Dr. Bengtson, uses expert techniques customized specifically for his patients' individual needs. Depending on your specific needs, he can smooth sagging neck skin, restore a more defined, firmer-looking jaw, tighten sagging jowls, and smooth deep creases and fine lines. Friends and family will notice that you look younger and refreshed, but strangers would never guess that you have had surgery at all. Dr. B takes pride in personally performing all surgical procedures.
What is a facelift?
A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, restores a more youthful, balanced facial appearance to the mid and lower face, including the neck.
A facelift focuses primarily on improving jowling and upper neck skin, but it also improves facial folds and excess sagging facial skin. At the Bengtson Center in Grand Rapids facelift recipients of Dr. B's have many of their youthful facial contours restored, making many of our patients look younger. A Grand Rapids facelift involves a variety of techniques:
Age alone does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation, including facelift.
For women and men from areas in an around Grand Rapids facial rejuvenation procedures are often chosen to delay or improve visible features of facial aging. The following factors generally define good candidates for facelift procedures in Grand Rapids, Michigan:
1. Facelifts are performed on an outpatient basis.
2. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center.
3. All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation. Our goal is to maximize both your outcome and your overall experience.
4. After your facelift, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
5. Results are long lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice, and proper skincare is essential after surgery.
6. When it comes to facelift surgery Grand Rapids patients are administered local anesthesia with sedation or, rarely, they receive general anesthesia.
7. Recovery is usually about a week and, using new techniques, most patients have minimal to no bruising. You may return to light, normal daily activity the day following your procedure.
8. Scars are a normal outcome of facelift surgery, but they will be concealed within the hairline and natural contours of the face. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
Ultherapy is a new, non-surgical facelift that uses ultrasound. All treatments are office procedures that may be performed in less than one hour with minimal to no downtime. Ultherapy is a new type of non-surgical, non-invasive facelift procedure that uses pulsed, focused ultrasound transmitted through the skin without treating or damaging it. Using the body’s own natural healing process, Ultherapy lifts, tones, and tightens loose skin on the brow, neck, and under the chin. One Ultherapy treatment can predictably lift the brows 2 to 3 millimeters, effectively shaping the brow angle and creating a greater upward sweep of the tail of the brow. The result is a more open, youthful appearance. For those who prefer a nonsurgical option to improving their appearance, an Ultherapy facelift can be a great option for patients in Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Birmingham, Michigan.
To find out more and for the price of your facelift Grand Rapids area residents are encouraged to contact Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso through their office today to schedule an appointment. Request your appointment online or call our office at 616.588.8880
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Contact Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso in Michigan today to learn more about your surgical and nonsurgical options for facelift. You can reach our Grand Rapids office by requesting your consultation online or phoning us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing