Plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson uses advanced surgical techniques to perform blepharoplasty eyelid surgery for men in Grand Rapids and Birmingham, helping them look alert, content, and as young on the outside as they feel on the inside. After all, your eyes are the focal point of your face, connecting you visually with others. When you look in the mirror, are you tired of seeing hooded, droopy eyes or puffy bags and dark circles under your eyes?
If so, eyelid surgery might be right for you. Blepharoplasty, also known as "eyelid surgery" or "eye lift surgery" is a highly individualized procedure. It helps men in Grand Rapids and Birmingham refine the contour of their upper eyelids by removing extra skin;
it can also help smooth hollows, bags, or puffiness of the lower eyelid by removing excess fat or skin. For some men, eyelid surgery may also improve sad or down-turned eyes. Blepharoplasty is often combined with brow lift surgery or BOTOX® Cosmetic for optimal improvement in the eye area. Along with liposuction and male breast reduction, eyelid surgery is one of the most common procedures requested by men in our Grand Rapids practice. You can trust Dr. Bengtson’s individualized, detail-oriented approach to help you achieve youthful, rested, and naturally attractive eyes that reflect your true vitality.
What is eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, restores or sculpts a youthful contour to the upper eyelids, the lower eyelids, or both. Upper eyelid surgery removes extra skin and hooding, while lower eyelid surgery removes fat and sagging skin of the lower eyelid to improve bags, puffiness, and dark circles. A blepharoplasty eyelid surgery for men at our Grand Rapids practice typically includes the following techniques:
Looking young and improving facial appearance may be attained through facial rejuvenating procedures, such as eyelid surgery.
Age alone does not define who might be a good candidate for facial rejuvenation or blepharoplasty. Men and women at our Grand Rapids practice often choose these kinds of procedures to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. The following factors generally define good candidates for eye lift procedures:
1. Eye lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis.
2. Eyelid surgery is performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia.
3. All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
4. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center.
5. Results are long lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice, and proper skincare is essential after surgery
6. Recovery varies by individual, but usually takes 7 to 10 days for swelling and bruising to resolve. You may return to light, normal activity the day after your procedure.
7. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and are generally concealed within the natural eyelid crease. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
2155 East Paris Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Contact Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso today to learn more about blepharoplasty eyelid surgery for men. You can reach our Grand Rapids office by requesting your consultation online or phoning us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing