Grand Rapids plastic surgeons, Dr. Brad Bengtson & Dr. David Alfonso specialize in liposuction for men at their Grand Rapids practice, the Bengtson Center for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery. They know that no matter how fit you may be, you may still have excess fat beneath your chin, on your chest or breast area, or in your flanks and abdomen. Although diet and exercise may reduce the size of fat cells, liposuction helps to reduce their number and redefine your shape and contour.
Our liposuction patients include men from Grand Rapids, Detroit, and Birmingham. They know they can trust the Bengtson Center to use only the safest, most innovative techniques available to help sculpt the body they desire.
Liposuction can be used to treat isolated small areas or multiple larger areas where pockets of unwanted fat exist, reshaping what diet and exercise alone cannot always achieve. With small incisions, limited downtime, and a focus on your safety, comfort, and lifestyle, the Bengtson Center can help you reduce excess fat and achieve a body that’s custom sculpted to fit your proportions.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty or liposculpting, re-contours your body by surgically removing excess fat deposits resistant to weight loss and fitness.
Liposuction results in a smoother, more sculpted look in men. At our Grand Rapids practice, this in-office procedure often accompanies facelifts and tummy tucks, but is also one of our most common stand-alone surgeries. Areas frequently reshaped by this procedure include the following:
Men of various ages and from many circumstances choose to undergo a Grand Rapids male liposuction.
The best candidates are men who are close to their optimal weight but have isolated areas of fat. The following factors generally define good candidates for these procedures:
Reshaping disproportionate curves or reducing unwanted fat may not always be attained through weight loss and exercise alone. Liposuction can help men in Grand Rapids, Detroit, and Birmingham sculpt their body features. It can dramatically improve the shape and proportion of your body and enhance your appearance and self-esteem, even if you are at or below your ideal body weight.
Drs. Alfonso & Bengtson are pleased to offer CoolSculpting, a liposuction alternative for men in the Grand Rapids area who are interested in a safe, non-surgical approach to removing stubborn fat deposits.
CoolSculpting is the first FDA-approved procedure that involves using cool energy to destroy fat from various areas without surgery, and our doctors have two separate units to shorten your treatment time by half!
This revolutionary new body contouring treatment for male and female patients precisely targets the stubborn fat you want to lose-just like liposuction, but without surgery. Most of our Grand Rapids-area patients see a noticeable reduction of fat, including love handles and that dreaded spare tire, after just one short visit. However, you may appreciate even greater fat reduction with additional treatments. Unlike traditional invasive surgical procedures, CoolSculpting is non-invasive, with no needles, no incisions, no anesthesia, and no recovery time!
Liposuction will result in weight loss-from a few to several pounds-due to the reduction of tissue. However, it is not an alternative to a sensible exercise and weight-loss program. Following men's liposuction Grand Rapids patients are advised to maintain their preoperative diet and exercise program to maintain optimal results.
1. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the surgery center.
2. All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
3. Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
4. Results may be long lasting, but weight loss/gain can change your results, and normal aging and gravity may affect your outcomes.
5. This procedure is most commonly performed on an outpatient basis, under general anesthesia. For smaller areas, it may be performed under local anesthesia with sedation.
6. Following your procedure, you will experience swelling, potential bruising, and some soreness in the treated area. Recovery ranges from 5 to 10 days. Within one day following surgery, you will return to normal, light activity.
7. Liposuction incisions are very small, often about a quarter inch, and they are placed so that they will not be visible while wearing clothing or swimsuits. Incision placement for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation.
To speak with Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso about liposuction for men Grand Rapids area residents are encouraged to contact our office today to schedule an appointment. Request your appointment online, or call our office at 616.588.8880
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
If you're ready to say goodbye to stubborn fat deposits, contact the Bengtson Center today to learn more about liposuction or CoolSculpting. You can reach our Grand Rapids office by requesting your consultation online or phoning us at 616.588.8880 to arrange a visit with Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso.Fees & Financing