At the Bengtson Center, we want you to love your breasts. Unfortunately, pregnancy hormones, weight fluctuations, and the simple combination of time and gravity can conspire to stretch the skin and pull them down—making once-perky breasts sag and droop.
At the Bengtson Center in Grand Rapids breast lifts, or mastopexy, are used to help correct this problem by changing the appearance, size, shape, and position of breasts that have changed due to childbirth, weight loss, normal aging, or heredity. A breast lift can also help reposition your nipple location, in addition to restoring shape and feel for a more youthful, natural appearance.
What is a Breast Lift?
The change accomplished by a breast lift does seems to be right there in the name — it lifts the breasts, after all — and while that is true, the surgical procedure also does much more. In addition to positioning breasts higher on the chest, removing excess skin physically reshapes the breasts and makes them firmer.
Dr. Bengtson uses VECTRA 3D imaging to show each patient what a lift could do for her silhouette, starting with actual images of her own body and digitally altering them to reveal her possible results. With our new "Mastopexy Module," you can actually visualize a range of outcomes prior to having surgery. Dr. Bengtson provides this technology because he believes in optimizing his patients' consultation experience. Some women want more of a change than a mastopexy would allow. During your personal consultation for a breast lift Grand Rapids plastic surgeon, Dr. Brad Bengtson will help determine whether a mastopexy alone, or the added option of fat transfer or breast implants, will help you achieve the natural, youthful, lifted curves you desire.Real Patient Stories
1. A breast lift, lifts sagging breasts so they sit higher on the chest, feel firmer, and no longer point toward the ground
2. Breast lift surgery is an outpatient procedure performed with the patient under general anesthesia
3. As a nationally recognized expert in breast procedures who has performed literally thousands of cosmetic breast surgeries, Dr. Bengtson has a wealth of experience with a range of techniques that can be customized to the patient
4. Dr. Bengtson exclusively offers VECTRA 3D imaging in West Michigan, giving women considering a breast lift the opportunity to see simulated, highly accurate results before any surgery ever takes place
5. A breast lift is frequently combined with other procedures for a Mommy Makeover, designed to help a woman's breasts and body look more like they did before she had a baby
Dr. Bengtson pioneered a 24-hour Fast-Trak Recovery Program for his breast augmentation patients, and he brings that same commitment to sophisticated surgical techniques and minimal trauma to give his Grand Rapids breast lift patients the best experience possible with a quick recovery.
Every woman's breasts and goals are unique, so Dr. Bengtson uses his extensive medical knowledge and experience with a range of body types to provide customized results that reflect your individual personality and aesthetic desires.
Since a breast lift is ideal for women who have experienced childbirth and breastfeeding, the surgery works especially well with other procedures designed to generate results more in line with a pre-baby body.
Tightening skin to address sagging is also the focus of a tummy tuck, which creates a flatter, more toned belly by removing excess skin and repairing stretched-out muscles. For pockets of fat that developed during pregnancy but stubbornly stuck around even after the baby was gone, liposuction is an effective solution. Mothers—especially those who have had multiple children—may also consider THERMIva or a labiaplasty to rejuvenate their most intimate area.
Envisioning your individual outcome is a critical part of the breast lift decision-making process, so Dr. Bengtson emphasizes the accuracy of VECTRA 3D imaging results—based on precision measurements and the careful inputting of anatomical details—to anyone who wants a good idea of what the surgery can do, with results visualized in real time.
As we mentioned above, childbirth, weight loss, natural aging, or heredity can cause changes to the skin and other tissues, affecting the appearance, size, shape, or position of a woman's breasts over time. A breast lift can help correct these changes for our patients from Birmingham, Grand Rapids, Detroit, and beyond.
Although many women who choose aesthetic breast procedures tend to be around 35 years old, anyone from about 18 to 70 may elect to have breast augmentation and/or breast lift surgery. Our Birmingham, Detroit and Grand Rapids breast lift patients make their choice for many different reasons, including breast asymmetry due to childbirth and breastfeeding, lack of proportional development, loss of volume after childbirth and breastfeeding, and sagginess that develops due to gravity and aging.
The following factors generally define good candidates for breast lift procedures in Michigan:
1. Dr. Bengtson has performed many studies regarding the VECTRA 3-D Imaging and Simulation, which allows patients to see breast augmentation and breast lift results prior to surgery—all in the privacy of his Grand Rapids, Michigan, office.
2. Dr. Bengtson is one of the global leaders of Acellular Dermal Matrix such as AlloDerm and Strattice™ for breast augmentation revisional surgery that may or may not be recommended to increase the longevity of your result.
3. Dr. Bengtson is also one of the global leaders in using internal mesh support in breast revision surgery or in patients having surgery for the first time who are undergoing a breast reduction surgery or combining breast augmentation with a breast lift, which can require additional support. Contact the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery in Michigan to see if you would qualify to be a part of the new clinical study of this FDA-approved product.
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
To have a private consultation with Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso about your breast lift in Grand Rapids, Michigan, contact the Bengtson Center today: Request your appointment online or phone 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing