Strip the Wax Out of Your Routine with Hair Removal Treatments at Our Practice. If you are seeking a long-term solution to unwanted body or facial hair, it's time to consider our Grand Rapids laser hair removal. The Bengtson Center offers medical-grade laser hair removal for Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Detroit residents who have grown frustrated by tweezing, shaving, waxing, electrolysis, or hair-removal creams that burn their skin or lead to ingrown hairs.
FDA-cleared laser technologies for hair removal use highly concentrated beams of light to safely and precisely target hair follicles, while avoiding the surrounding skin. Laser hair removal can help significantly decrease dark hair from nearly any area of the body*.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Hair removal with laser technology involves using focused light energy to penetrate the hair shaft, destroy the hair root, and damage the follicle.
Most laser hair removal treatments in our Grand Rapids office take 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area. Patients typically require a series of three to six treatments for optimal results*, with touch-ups performed once or twice a year to maintain results, allowing for easy management of any remaining follicles. Hair growth follows a cycle of stages: the anagen or active growth phase; the catagen or regressing phase; and the telogen or resting phase. The laser targets hair follicles that are in the anagen phase, as this is when they have the largest amount of melanin, and can most efficiently absorb light energy.
Because each hair follicle can be at a different stage at any given time, multiple treatment sessions for each area are required to target as many individual hairs as possible. Additionally, because the laser "detects" hair follicles to be removed by pinpointing the pigment in its shaft, patients who are expecting to undergo laser treatments in the coming weeks must avoid tweezing, waxing, or any other process that may pull the entire hair piece out of the skin. If required, numbing cream can be applied before a treatment session to minimize any discomfort, although laser hair removal treatments are typically well-tolerated and require no downtime after a session.
Women and men of all ages choose to have laser hair removal to reduce excessive or unwanted hair on their face or body.
Millions of patients safely undergo these treatments each year in the United States alone. During your consultation for laser hair removal our hair removal experts our Grand Rapids med spa will help you determine whether this is the right procedure to meet your goals.
Some of the most frequently treated areas for laser hair removal include:
With laser hair removal Grand Rapids area residents are given a safe, efficient, and effective alternative for significantly reducing unwanted hair and revealing beautiful, smooth skin underneath.
While the initial cost of laser hair removal may seem higher than more traditional hair removal methods such as shaving or waxing, the longevity of the results significantly reduces the overall costs of a hair removal routine over time – not to mention discomfort, ingrown hairs, damage to the skin, and sheer convenience! Our expertly trained team of licensed aestheticians can help you reduce unwanted hair on your body or face, for a difference you can see and feel!
1. Most patients will need touch-up treatments every six to 12 months to maintain results.
2. You should understand that all cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
3. Common side effects immediately following the procedure include redness and minor irritation, but both should subside in a day or two.
4. For about 24 hours after a laser treatment session, your skin may also be sensitive to heat, deodorants, and perfumes. Once this period has passed, it is safe to resume your regular routine.
5. Your skin may be sensitive to the sun after a treatment session for a few days. During this period, you may be advised to avoid the sun as far as possible and wear enough sunscreen. For this reason, many of our patients have found it convenient to have their treatments performed in the fall or winter, to reveal stubble-free skin in the summer!
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Contact the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery today to learn more about laser hair removal. You can reach our Grand Rapids office by requesting your consultation online or phoning us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing