Plastic surgeon Dr. Bradley Bengtson performs body-contouring surgery after major weight loss for men at the Grand Rapids practice. They understand that losing a large amount of weight (100+ pounds) is a significant achievement that can improve your health, your appearance, and your attitude toward life.
Unfortunately, however, losing a large amount of weight can leave patients feeling self-conscious and uncomfortable with loose, sagging skin, isolated pockets of fat, and uneven or undefined contours. That’s why we specialize in surgery after weight loss at our Grand Rapids Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery.
Whether you have achieved your goal through bariatric surgery or dieting alone, we understand that post-weight-loss surgery can be a very important step in achieving the body and self-confidence you’ve worked hard for. A personal evaluation, a customized plan based on your priorities, and trust in our specialized techniques and extensive experience can help you achieve your goals. You deserve to look your best. Let the Bengtson Center be your final step in completing your transformation.
What is post-weight-loss body contouring?
Surgically reshaping the skin and soft tissue of the body after dramatic weight loss corrects problems like loose or sagging skin, isolated pockets of fat, and uneven or undefined curves.
Body-contouring surgery after weight loss at our Grand Rapids practice takes a specialized approach of assessing the entire body. We consider various approaches including but not limited to a total Body Lift and Circumferential Tummy Tuck by improving the following areas of concern:
Losing a significant amount of weight, whether with medical assistance or through your own efforts, can be challenging. Often, although the weight is lost, you may be unhappy with your resulting appearance as your skin may not conform to body contours, and you may have remaining pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise.
1. Recovery ranges from several days to several weeks, depending on what kind of procedure you have.
2. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center.
3. All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
4. Results may be long lasting, but weight loss/gain can change your results. Normal aging and gravity may affect your outcomes.
5. Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
6. Post-weight loss contouring is generally performed in stages. Some procedures may require an overnight stay in the hospital; however, most procedures may be performed on an outpatient basis.
7. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and can generally be concealed by modest clothing. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
8. Body-contouring surgery after weight loss is performed under general anesthesia for our Grand Rapids and Birmingham patients. More limited procedures such as arm-lift may be performed under local anesthesia with sedation.
Major weight loss alone does not define who might be a good candidate for body-contouring surgery after weight loss.
Men and women at our Grand Rapids practice often choose this option to achieve specific goals and improve their self-confidence. Whether you have lost significant weight due to medical assistance or strict exercise and diet, these factors generally define good candidates for post-weight-loss procedures:
2155 East Paris Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Contact Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso today to learn more about body-contouring surgery after weight loss for men. You can reach our Grand Rapids office by requesting your consultation online, or phoning us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing