If you feel self-consciousness because of misshapen or protruding ears, a Grand Rapids otoplasty at Bengtson Center can help. Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson uses sophisticated surgical techniques to create a natural angle between your head and your ears.
Where needed, he can also create a pleasing fold and contour to your ears. These advanced techniques can define the natural architecture of your ear with hidden suture techniques, all through incisions behind your ear. As a result, your ears no longer protrude, but they also do not looked pinned back or overdone. With an otoplasty Grand Rapids area patients feel satisfied in knowing they have ears that naturally complement their facial features and contribute to a balanced, harmonious appearance.
An otoplasty, also know as (cosmetic) ear surgery, decreases the projection and the angle of the ear in relation to the head. Otoplasty also improves the shape of the ear, and it can be performed on adults and children alike.
With this form of ear surgery Grand Rapids patients can treat the structural deformities that result in a misshapen or absent ear. Typically an incision is made in the back portion of the ear to either reshape or reduce the cartilage and reposition the Y-shaped folds of the ear.
Why might ear surgery be recommended for me?
Dr. Bengtson recommends his Grand Rapids ear surgery to patients to help them achieve the following benefits:
Patients of all ages can benefit from our Grand Rapids otoplasty at the Bengtson Center:
Improving facial harmony through ear surgery can dramatically increase a person’s self-confidence. The following factors generally define good candidates for this procedure:
1. Ear surgery is performed in our Grand Rapids practice on an outpatient basis.
2. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
3. Your surgery may be performed under either general anesthesia or local sedation.
4. Recovery ranges from 7 to 10 days, although you will return to light, normal daily activity immediately following your otoplasty.
5. Results are long lasting, and proper skincare is essential following surgery.
6. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from surgery.
7. Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
To speak with Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso about ear surgery, contact our Grand Rapids office today to schedule your appointment. Request your consultation online, or phone us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing