Through expert techniques and nearly undetectable incisions, plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson performs endoscopic brow lift to help patients in Grand Rapids and Birmingham, Michigan, who are unhappy with wrinkled, sagging skin on the forehead. Dr. B uses advanced endoscopic techniques to perform browplasty, also known as a forehead or brow lift, at his Grand Rapids practice, the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery.
This procedure repositions hooded or low brows to allow for a natural, youthful, and restored appearance. Brow lift surgery, when performed with experience and vision, can result in a vibrant, happy, and youthful appearance. Dr. Bengtson takes great care not to produce artificial or overdone results, and he does not alter the hairline.
A brow lift in Michigan treats the upper portion of the face (above the eyes), and it may be performed as a standalone procedure or a complement to eyelid or facelift surgery for optimal results. Brow lifting decreases the creases across the forehead and at the base of the nose between the eyes, while naturally restoring the brows to their higher position. In addition, we are finding that the angle of the brows matters just as much as the level of the brows. Dr. Bengtson tailors the lateral brow in each patient to sweep the tail of the brow higher, resulting in a more youthful, open eye.
What is a brow lift?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift or browplasty, smooths expression lines of the brow and forehead, raises a hooded brow, and repositions low-set brows. A brow lift at our Grand Rapids, Michigan, practice typically includes the following techniques:
Age alone does not define who might be a good candidate for facial rejuvenation or brow lift. Men and women at our Grand Rapids practice often choose these kinds of procedures to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging.
The following factors generally define good candidates for endoscopic brow lift procedures in Michigan:
Why might a brow lift in Michigan be recommended for me?
Looking young and improving facial appearance and balance of your eyebrows may be attained through facial rejuvenating procedures such as this one.
If you prefer a non-surgical approach to lifting your brow area, Ultherapy® and BOTOX® Cosmetic injections using a BOTOX Brow Lift technique may also be used to effectively shape and reposition your brows.
Ultherapy® is a new, non-surgical brow-lift method that uses ultrasound. Both treatments are office procedures that may be performed in less than one hour with minimal to no downtime. Ultherapy® is a new type of non-surgical, non-invasive facelift procedure that uses pulsed, focused ultrasound transmitted through the skin without treating or damaging it. Using the body’s own natural healing process, Ultherapy® lifts, tones, and tightens loose skin on the brow, neck, and under the chin.
One Ultherapy® treatment can predictably lift the brows 2 to 3 millimeters, effectively shaping the brow angle and creating a greater upward sweep of the tail of the brow. The result is a more open, youthful appearance. For those who prefer a nonsurgical option to improving their appearance, an Ultherapy® brow lift can be a great option for patients in Grand Rapids, Detroit, and Birmingham, Michigan.
1. Brow lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis at our Grand Rapids facility in Michigan.
2. The incision pattern for your surgery will be discussed with you during your consultation. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery, and generally concealed within the hair-bearing portion of the scalp. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
3. Brow lift surgery is performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia at our Grand Rapids facility.
4. Recovery ranges from a few days to 1 week. It may take several weeks to see full results as swelling subsides and tissues heal.
5. Results are long lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice, and proper skincare is essential after surgery. Recurrence is a potential complication.
6. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from your procedure.
7. Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
8. All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
To speak with Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso about brow lift surgery, contact our Grand Rapids office in Michigan today to schedule your appointment. Request your appointment online, or phone us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing