Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Bradley Bengtson offers nasal surgery, also known as rhinoplasty, for men and women from Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Birmingham who wish to achieve facial harmony and balance.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most commonly requested surgical procedures to achieve facial harmony, symmetry, and contour. When approached with a personalized vision and current techniques, rhinoplasty offers highly satisfying, consistent, and safe results.
If you are dissatisfied with the size, proportion, angle, tip, or other specific feature of your nose, or if you have experienced changes due to injury, rhinoplasty in Grand Rapids can address what you wish to improve and allow you to put your naturally beautiful, well-proportioned face forward. Our sophisticated VECTRA 3D Imaging and Simulation System also provides an excellent tool for communicating with Dr. Bengtson. He will show you numerous virtual modifications before surgery, helping you envision a realistic range of possible results and choose an aesthetic result you will love!
What is rhinoplasty?
Nasal surgery repositions the nose to improve its appearance, form, and function.
Also called rhinoplasty, the procedure can improve the proportions and angles of the nasal bridge, nasal tip, and nostrils, making the nose more symmetrical and proportionate to the face. It can also improve breathing. Rhinoplasty nose surgery for patients in Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Birmingham in Michigan typically involves the following techniques:
The nose is a central feature of the face and one of the most important elements to achieving “facial harmony,” where all the facial features have balance and proportion. Even very minor changes from rhinoplasty at our Grand Rapids practice can dramatically influence facial appearance, harmony, and self-confidence.
3D planning is essential for many plastic surgical procedures, especially surgery of the nose. The new Canfield VECTRA 3D Imaging and Simulation System provides an excellent tool for helping Dr. Bengtson or Dr. Alfonso understand exactly what you want to see as an end result. It also functions as an excellent educational tool, provides a platform for discussing your concerns, and gives you a general visual range of the surgical outcome you may expect from our Grand Rapids rhinoplasty.
Women and men of many ages and circumstances undergo cosmetic procedures to attain improved facial harmony and balance.
To be a good candidate for rhinoplasty Grand Rapids area residents should wish to attain facial harmony. At our practice, patients of all ages and circumstances undergo rhinoplasty, and each has unique, personal reasons for choosing this procedure. The following factors generally define good candidates for Grand Rapids rhinoplasty nasal surgery:
1. Nasal surgery is performed on an outpatient basis.
2. To perform a rhinoplasty Grand Rapids patients are under either local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia.
3. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from surgery.
4. All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
5. Recovery ranges from 1 to 2 weeks, during which time you may wear a nasal splint across the bridge. You may experience facial bruising, swelling, mild headache, and nasal congestion.
6. Results may be long lasting, but maintaining a youthful appearance is a lifestyle choice, and proper skincare is essential after surgery.
7. Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
8. Occasionally, facial fillers such as JUVÉDERM will be placed at the time of surgery or following your initial procedure to help smooth and contour your results.
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Contact Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso today to learn more about rhinoplasty for patients in Detroit, Grand Rapids, or Birmingham, Michigan. You can reach our Grand Rapids office by requesting your consultation online, or calling us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing