Plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson uses advanced surgical techniques to perform blepharoplasty eyelid surgery for their patients in Grand Rapids and Birmingham, Michigan, helping them look alert, content, and as young on the outside as they feel on the inside. After all, your eyes are the focal point of your face, connecting you visually with others.
When you look in the mirror, are you tired of seeing hooded, droopy eyes or puffy bags and dark circles under your eyes? If so, eyelid surgery might be right for you. Blepharoplasty, also known as "eyelid surgery" or "eye lift surgery," is a highly individualized procedure to refine the contour of your upper eyelids, to smooth hollows, and to remove bags and puffiness of the lower eyelid.
Eyelid surgery results in a fresher, brighter, more open appearance to your face. It is one of the most cost-effective, least downtime, greatest “bang for your buck” surgical procedures available to rejuvenate your appearance—all with minimal complications. Blepharoplasty is often combined with brow lift surgery or BOTOX® Cosmetic for optimal improvement in the eye area. Eyelid surgery is also one of the most common procedures requested at our Grand Rapids practice. You can trust Dr. Bengtson’s individualized, detail-oriented approach to help you achieve youthful, rested, and naturally attractive eyes that reflect your true vitality.
What is eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, restores or sculpts a youthful contour to the upper eyelids, the lower eyelids, or both.
This procedures revives the eye area by removing sagging skin from the upper eyelids, tightening droopy lower eyelids, and reducing puffy bags from underneath the eyes, which can also improve dark circles. Blepharoplasty eyelid surgery can also improve the visual field of some Grand Rapids patients whose sagging upper eyelids interfere with and obstruct their vision. Blepharoplasty eyelid surgery at our Grand Rapids practice typically includes the following techniques:
Look on the outside as youthful as you feel on the inside! Eyelid surgery can refresh and renew the facial appearance of women and men of all ages.
Age alone does not define who might be a good candidate for facial rejuvenation or blepharoplasty.
Men and women at our Grand Rapids practice often choose these kinds of procedures to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. Your surgeon will help you determine the right procedure for you during your personalized consultation. The following factors generally define good candidates for eye lift procedures:
1. Eye lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis.
2. Eyelid surgery is performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia.
3. You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the hospital or recovery center.
4. All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
5. Scars are a normal outcome of surgery and are generally concealed within the natural eyelid crease. The location and pattern of your incisions and the resulting scars will be discussed during your consultation.
6. Recovery varies by individual, but usually takes 7 to 10 days for swelling and bruising to resolve. You may return to light, normal activity the day after your procedure.
7. Results are long lasting, but maintaining your youth is a lifestyle choice, and proper skincare is essential after surgery.
2155 E Paris Ave SE
Suite 100, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Contact Dr. Brad Bengtson or Dr. David Alfonso today to learn more about blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) in Grand Rapids. You can reach our office by requesting your consultation online, or phoning us at 616.588.8880.Fees & Financing