Body Lift Surgery in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Dr. Ryan Mitchell specializes in body lift surgery, helping Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit area patients tighten body tissues and minimize excess sagging skin following medical or surgical weight loss. The upper arm, buttocks, inner or outer thighs, and hips are all common areas that may lose firmness and youthful curves with weight fluctuation, resulting in excess skin. A procedure such as thigh lift, arm lift (brachioplasty), buttock lift, or other lower-body lift can specifically correct the excess sagging skin, fat, and loose tissue that contribute to an undefined shape.
For your body lift consultation at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center, Drs. Mitchell and Bengtson will take the time to listen to your particular goals, evaluate your specific conditions, and devise an individualized plan to help you achieve very natural, attractive curves, getting you back to daily life feeling strong, fit, and confident.
What is a body lift?
Drs. Mitchell and Bengtson perform body lift surgery at our Grand Rapids location to help patients reshape sagging and loose skin following massive weight loss, medical weight loss, address hereditary conditions, or treat extra skin that develops after pregnancy or other weight fluctuations. Body lift may treat single conditions, or it may be performed to treat entire regions of the body such as the thighs or buttocks.
Body Lift tightens body tissues of the hips, buttocks, groin, and inner and outer thighs, and it minimizes excess sagging skin. Body lift surgery at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center includes the following:
- Incisions inside the buttock crease or in a bikini pattern treat sagging buttocks, hips, and outer thighs.
- A circumferential incision (around the body) treats the abdomen, hips, and back.
- Incisions within the groin area treat the inner thigh. Depending on the scope of your condition, your incision may extend along the inside of the leg as well.
Why would this procedure be recommended for me?
Reshaping disproportionate curves or reducing unwanted fat cannot always be attained through weight loss and exercise alone. Body contouring surgery helps many people reshape their body features that cannot be enhanced any other way. Body contouring can dramatically improve the shape and proportion of your body, enhancing your appearance the way you feel and your self-esteem.
Who chooses a body lift at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center?
Women and men of various ages and from many circumstances choose body lift surgery at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center. The following factors generally define good candidates for these kinds of procedures:
- You have extra skin that is not contracting or re-contouring following weight fluctuation.
- You can clearly define why you want the surgery.
- You understand what this surgery can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the risks of body lift and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by your surgery.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What else should I know about body lift for Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit?
- This surgery may result in weight loss from a few to many pounds. However, this procedure is not an alternative to a suitable weight-loss program. Instead, this is a procedure to help individuals sculpt a body that is generally within 30% of an ideal weight for your height and frame after you have attained your ideal or stable lower body weight.
- Body lift may be performed on an outpatient or inpatient basis.
- We recommend general anesthesia for body lift procedures at our Grand Rapids practice.
- Scars are normal after surgery and can usually be concealed with modest clothing.
- Recovery varies by individual, but may require 2 to 3 weeks to return to normal, moderate daily life.
- Results are long lasting, but weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results, and normal aging and gravity may affect your results over time.