Fat Transfer Body Sculpting and Brazilian Butt Lift in Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Brazilian Butt Lift and fat transfer (or fat grafting) for body sculpting have become all the rage in Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit, Michigan. Plastic surgeon Dr. Bradley Bengtson specializes in performing these long-lasting body-contouring procedures, helping Bengtson Center patients safely achieve head-turning curves in all the right places.
Fat grafting is available for Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit area residents at the Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery. Body-sculpting procedures involve first performing gentle, precisely controlled liposuction on areas containing unwanted body fat, such as the inner and outer thighs, abdomen, or back. Once that fat is processed, it is reinjected into specific areas where you would like to see greater volume or a more curvaceous silhouette. Fat-transfer patients at our Grand Rapids practice typically elect to add volume to the following areas:
- Breasts: to achieve a natural, modest breast augmentation
- Buttocks: to attain a more shapely rear – or a “Brazilian Butt Lift Booty”
- Hips: to create a more feminine hourglass shape
- Hands: to restore a more youthful appearance
- Face: to provide a natural wrinkle filler or to plump up cheeks, chin, or lips
During a body-sculpting procedure, transferred fat is gently manipulated to create smooth, rounded contours and a more feminine shape. It’s the natural way to a shapelier, curvier you!
What are the benefits of fat transfer body sculpting?
Because fat grafting uses autologous (your own) fat, you have no risk of rejection or allergic reaction, and the end result looks natural. When fat grafting is used to improve the shape and size of the buttocks, a Brazilian Butt Lift can yield immediate, long lasting results for our Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit area patients, provided their weight and activity level remain stable. Fat grafting used for facial fat transfer can also yield immediate results that often last longer than those obtained with man-made injectable dermal fillers.
Why might fat transfer be recommended for me?
Obtaining curves we love may not always be attained through weight loss and exercise alone. Fat-transfer procedures help many of our Grand Rapids patients sculpt their body features, dramatically improving the shape and proportion of their body and enhancing their appearance and self-esteem.
Who is a candidate for fat grafting at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center?
Women and men of various ages and from many circumstances choose to undergo fat transfer and Brazilian Butt Lift at our Grand Rapids practice. The best candidates are patients who are close to their optimal weight but have isolated areas of fat and lack volume and/or shape in specific areas such as breasts, buttocks, or face. The following factors generally define good candidates for fat-transfer procedures:
- You can clearly define what you wish to treat with fat transfer.
- You understand what fat grafting can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the risks of your procedure and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by your procedure.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What else should I know about fat transfer and Brazilian Butt Lift at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center?
- Most fat-grafting procedures take approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- We transfer your own fat from areas you do not want it, to areas you do.
- Liposuction incisions for fat transfer are very small, often about a quarter inch, and they are placed so that they will not be visible while wearing clothing or swimsuits. Incision placement will be discussed with you during your consultation.
- Fat grafting is most commonly performed on an outpatient basis, under general anesthesia. For smaller areas, it may be performed under local anesthesia with sedation.
- Following your procedure you will experience swelling, potential bruising, and some soreness in the treated area. Recovery ranges from 5 to 14 days, depending on the number and size of treatment areas. Within one day following surgery, you will return to normal, light activity.
- Approximately 50 to 75% of the transferred fat survives.
- Results may be long lasting, but weight loss/gain or pregnancy can change your results, and normal aging and gravity may affect your outcomes.
- Occasionally, additional sequential grafting may be performed.
- You will need a capable adult with you for 24 hours after your release from the surgery center.
- Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance from our office.
- All surgeries carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
Dr. Bengtson, and the entire staff of the Bengtson Center for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery want you to be well informed about your choices and any potential risks or side effects. They will thoroughly explain your options, answer all your questions, and support you in whatever decision you make during your informed consent process.