Male Breast Reduction
Say Goodbye to Gynecomastia in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Whether you're at the pool, sitting under the hot sun, or even simply wanting to change into a new shirt, if you're a man dealing with gynecomastia—which causes breasts to develop—the thought of baring your chest can cause anxiety, embarrassment, and more. Fortunately, board-certified Michigan plastic surgeon Dr. Brad Bengtson performs gynecomastia surgery, or male breast reduction, for his Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit patients who feel self-conscious about their "man boobs" and are ready to do something about them. A surgical reduction can help you to achieve a more masculine chest contour, which in turn can promote greater self-confidence. +Read More...
KNOW THE BASICS
- Male breast reduction surgery focuses on giving men a flatter chest, whether that involves removing breast tissue, fat, loose skin, or some combination of all of these
- Male breast reduction might also be accompanied by a nipple reduction procedure if necessary
- Dr. Bengtson uses sophisticated, minimally invasive techniques to hide potential incision scars, as well as reduce recovery times and post-procedural recuperation so men can get back to their active lives as soon as possible after surgery
- Gynecomastia surgery is performed with the patient under a general anesthetic
- Though Dr. Brad Bengtson is known especially for his work with women's breasts—such as augmentation, lifts, and more—his vast experience with the particulars of breast tissue make him an ideal surgeon for male breast reduction surgery
What Causes Male Breasts to Develop?
If you're dealing with this problem, don't think that you're alone! Male breast development is not uncommon, and it can impact guys at just about any stage of life. Since breast tissue growth depends on hormones, gynecomastia most typically occurs at times when testosterone and estrogen balances are changing and can happen to one or both breasts. +Read More...
What Can Be Done for Male Breast Reduction?
For breasts that have developed due to the formation of actual breast tissue, specific male breast reduction surgery is an effective solution. Dr. Bengtson will remove glandular tissue as necessary, taking care to make any incisions and their resulting scars as unobtrusive as possible. Some men may have also excess fat contributing to the look of breasts, so liposuction may be a part of the male breast reduction procedure. +Read More...
View Breast Reduction Before & After +
Male Nipple Reduction
The hormone shifts that trigger male breast development may also be marked by a large nipple diameter, which may accompany large male breasts or be present by itself. Dr. Bengtson has defined and modified surgical techniques in Michigan to reduce the diameter and projection of the nipple with minimal visible scarring. If you believe you would benefit from male nipple reduction or male breast reduction and would like to learn more, contact Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon Dr. Bengtson today.
Am I a Good Candidate for Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
Since adolescence is a time of change that can include breast tissue that comes and goes, gynecomastia surgery is intended for adult men who have finished going through puberty and its associated hormone fluctuations. +Read More...
More Procedures for Men
Guys who enjoy the benefits of male breast reduction surgery may also want to tackle other problem areas. An area of the body commonly targeted for cosmetic changes is the neck area, including the chin and jawline. There, Kybella® injections can destroy the fat cells that make up a double chin, while skintightening THERMItight® and Ultherapy® treatments can correct laxity to reveal more defined and angular contours on the lower face. +Read More...
Brad Bengtson, MD, FACS
"Best Plastic Surgeon - Grand Rapids" Grand Rapids Magazine for the past 8 consecutive years.
Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 1996 to 2018.
Sought-after Global Speaker and Educator on all aspects of Plastic Surgery.