Laser Skin Rejuvenation for Men in Grand Rapids
If your skin shows the effects of a life lived to the fullest, the Bengtson Center offers laser skin rejuvenation for men in Grand Rapids and Birmingham, Michigan. These treatments can erase the adverse effects of time, sun exposure, skin disorders, and even trauma on the overall appearance of your skin. A wide variety of customized laser skin resurfacing options is available for men in our Grand Rapids practice, helping them achieve smoother, clearer, more youthful-looking skin.
Care and experience are key to selecting the appropriate procedures for your skin type and condition so that you preserve your natural skin qualities and avoid unwanted changes in pigmentation. Laser skin rejuvenation options for men at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center include chemical peels, laser treatments, microdermabrasion system, Diamond Peel microdermabrasion treatment, and other clinically proven techniques.
What is laser skin resurfacing?
Laser skin rejuvenation, also called “laser skin resurfacing,” reduces pigmentation, surface wrinkles, and irregularities. Options include chemical peels, laser treatments, and light-based procedures. Laser skin rejuvenation for men at our Grand Rapids practice typically includes one of the following approaches:
- Ablative resurfacing carefully removes the upper layers of the skin so that new skin can form and collagen can be rebuilt and enhanced.
- Fractional resurfacing creates microscopic treatment points and may require several treatments to remodel your skin over time.
- Non-ablative, superficial resurfacing removes only the uppermost skin cells and requires repeat treatments to achieve and maintain improvement.
Why might I consider laser skin rejuvenation?
Looking younger and improving facial wrinkles, scars, surface irregularities, and discoloration may be attained through laser skin resurfacing, the most aggressive treatment we use for men in our Grand Rapids practice. It can improve stubborn, resistant skin that has been through years of neglect.
Who is a candidate for laser skin rejuvenation in Grand Rapids?
Age alone does not define who might be a good candidate for facial rejuvenation or laser skin rejuvenation. Men and women at our Grand Rapids practice often choose these kinds of procedures to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. The following factors generally define good candidates for laser skin rejuvenation procedures:
- You can clearly define your goals for skin resurfacing.
- You understand what these procedures can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of skin resurfacing procedures and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by skin resurfacing procedures.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What should I know about laser skin resurfacing for men at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center?
- New skin may take up to 7 to 10 days to fully regenerate following the procedure.
- Full recovery for deep resurfacing may take 1 to 2 weeks.
- These procedures will help you look younger, but maintaining your results requires proper skincare and diligent sun protection.
- All procedures carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.