Relax! You’ve Got a Wrinkle-Reducing Solution in Grand Rapids, Michigan
You're here because, like so many others, you want to know more about the most popular cosmetic treatment in the world: BOTOX®. Grand Rapids' Bengtson Center is home to a dedicated team of Aesthetic Experts who’ve been specially trained to tap into the wrinkle-fighting injectable's full potential. Whether you're in your 20s and proactively taking action against lines before they appear or in your 50s and battling wrinkles that have taken hold, our Master Injectors apply their years of knowledge and experience to maximize results for each and every patient seeking to tame worry lines and crack down on crow's feet. We welcome patients from all across the Midwest and Michigan—Lansing, Kalamazoo, Bloomfield Hills, Detroit—and beyond.
Bengtson Center BOTOX® Basics
- Thanks to our team of Aesthetic Experts/Master Injectors and the consistent results they achieve, the Bengtson Center has been named one of the top three practices for BOTOX® in the state of Michigan!
- The wrinkle-reducing effects of BOTOX® require no incisions or sutures—just a few carefully placed injections.
- The formula relaxes muscles that create "dynamic wrinkles" with their repeated contractions.
- While injections can be made in as little as 15 minutes, results can last up to four months.*
- As motion returns to the targeted muscles, patients can get fresh injections to maintain their smooth results.
- Dr. Bengtson is board certified, a member of the Allergan National Education Faculty, and was named an expert injector for his experience and track record—both in safety and results—with BOTOX®. He is a national trainer for the injectable and has performed thousands of injections.
- Our board-certified physician assistant Roxanne Cornelius is an invited injector trainer for Allergan Medical Facial Aesthetics, which means she leads other injectors around the country in BOTOX® knowledge and technique.
Get an Early Edge on Anti-Aging
At What Age Do You Really Need BOTOX®?
Wrinkle-smoothing injectables, like BOTOX®, are typically associated with older women and men who want to get a rejuvenated, refreshed, and younger look—which is great, since these treatments are ideal for such results! But did you know that BOTOX® administered at a young age can help prevent lines from developing in the first place? The more you work out facial muscles, the more defined the wrinkles they cause can become. By getting BOTOX® earlier in life, you inhibit your face muscles from "working out" when you frown, smile, laugh, raise your eyebrows, or squint. With regular injections, these muscles can "atrophy," reducing their ability to develop deep lines and wrinkles associated with strong facial muscles. Think of your forehead like a sheet of paper: If you don’t crease it, you won't see a fold.
All About BOTOX®
How It Works
Acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter, controls muscle movement, which causes fine lines and wrinkles.
Botulinum toxin in the form of BOTOX® blocks acetycholine release, temporarily weakening muscle movement and softening the crease created by contracting muscles.
BOTOX® is gradually eliminated from the body, and muscle activity returns to normal over time.
The Basics of BOTOX®
When Will I See Results? Many patients notice that full results have developed at two weeks, and the effects last three to six months
Common Side Effects Light bruising and numbness are common, but both are minimal and should quickly subside
Does It Hurt? Patients typically express little to no pain. A numbing agent may be used
How Long Does the Procedure Take? The average length of a session is 30 minutes
You should understand that all cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
Who Chooses BOTOX® Cosmetic in Michigan?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging, leading millions of patients to safely undergo BOTOX® Cosmetic every year in the United States alone. Some people want to make a change, but are not yet ready for surgery. These are the most common goals we see from patients who choose us:
- Preventing and smoothing established wrinkles
- Enhancing facial features by selectively weakening facial musculature
- Softening wrinkles and lines without creating an overdone blank or "mask-like" look
- Improving brow position for a natural-looking, non-surgical lifted brow
The following factors generally define good candidates for BOTOX® at our Grand Rapids, Michigan, practice:
- You can clearly define why you want this treatment.
- You understand what the treatment can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept its risks and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You accept that you will need to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain the results achieved by this procedure.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries
Dynamic vs. Static Wrinkles
More than muscle movement goes into the formation of facial wrinkles. While the pattern of contraction after contraction is a major contributor to these lines, they also increasingly appear as elements vital to elasticity and moisture diminish in the skin. Collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid are essential to a youthful look, but all break down more and are replaced less as the years go by.
When paired with repetitive motion from daily facial expressions, the result is dynamic wrinkles. Since muscles are the culprits, the motion-relaxing properties of BOTOX® make the injectable ideal for addressing these.
If lines appear on their own as age turns down the volume in certain of the areas of the face—causing nasolabial folds or marionette lines to appear—a different strategy is called for. Dermal fillers, like those in the Juvederm® family, are designed for this task. Their hyaluronic acid-based formula is injected as a gel that adds skin-smoothing volume directly to the skin and encourages the retention of water molecules for better hydration.
Fillers and BOTOX® can be used separately as needed, combined with each other to address different regions of the face, and even paired with surgical procedures that focus on facial structure and contours. As an experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Brad Bengtson and his team work to meet your unique needs and deliver natural-looking, balanced results.
Why Choose the Bengtson Center for BOTOX® in Grand Rapids?
The Bengtson Center is rated one of the top three practices for BOTOX® and Juvederm® in the entire state of Michigan and has been awarded the Black Diamond Award five years in a row. Choosing to have your BOTOX® injections at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery partners you with the team that worked hard to earn those accolades. We are innovators and educators in the field of cosmetic injections, using only FDA-approved injectables, such as JUVEDERM® XC, VOLUMA®, Restylane®, and BELOTERO BALANCE®. We are also one of just a few national training centers in the United States.
Dr. Bengtson has performed thousands of cosmetic injections and is one of the top national trainers for BOTOX® Cosmetic and JUVÉDERM® in the United States. At his Grand Rapids, Michigan, practice, he has personally trained and currently oversees a specialized team of master injectors. We strive to achieve natural-looking results that do not look "frozen" or overtreated.
Brad Bengtson MD, FACS
"Best Plastic Surgeon - Grand Rapids" Grand Rapids Magazine for the past 10 consecutive years.
Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® consecutively since 1996.
Sought-after Global Speaker and Educator on all
aspects of Plastic Surgery.