Meet Brad Bengtson, MD, FACS
Transformation Occurs Both Inside and Out.
I am dedicated to helping my patients achieve natural and proportional results that are restored, refined, and renewed. The Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery in Michigan was founded to provide you with exceptional care, and excellent safe outcomes, coupled with the highest level of personal service for our patients, their families, friends, and our community.
- Brad Bengtson MD, FACS
Dr. Brad Bengtson offers patients in Michigan natural results that do not appear operated or "overdone." Fine detail and excellence are central not only to your surgical procedure or treatment, but also to your entire experience. An innovator in the science of aesthetic surgery, Dr. Bengtson has authored landmark textbooks, book chapters, and peer-reviewed journal articles, and he lectures regionally, nationally, and internationally. He was a lead investigator in the FDA approved Gummy Bear implant in the United States, and founding member of Allergan's Executive Council. He is a patent holder of eight medical devices, and an international educator and leader in breast aesthetic research. Dr. B has received two prestigious Tiffany Awards for the Best Annual Research by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in 2009.
Dr. Bengtson is a global leader in the use of Acellular Dermal Matrix (Alloderm/Strattice) in revisional cosmetic breast surgery, as well as a global leader and educator utilizing Allergan's new Seri Surgical Scaffold. Dr. Bengtson has been selected to the Allergan National Education Faculty for his record of safety and outcomes with BOTOX® Cosmetic and JUVÉDERM®, and other U.S. FDA-approved cosmetic injectable dermal fillers. He is one of the most sought-after board-certified plastic surgeons, and is a regional and national trainer for BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVEDERM® facial fillers, and breast aesthetics. He was the First STAR Trainer for Evolence in Michigan, and is a registered New Beauty Expert Injector. Dr. Bengtson has been selected as one of the top plastic surgeons in the United States by Best Doctors in America®, an authoritative listing of the nations' top physicians in each medical specialty. He was elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America consecutively since 1996, and selected as Grand Raids "Best Plastic Surgeon" by Grand Rapids Magazine for the past 10 years.
Dr. Brad Bengtson is a board-certified plastic surgeon in Michigan dedicated to helping his patients achieve the surgical or non-surgical results they desire. His reputation for excellence, state-of-the-art techniques, and compassion have created a large following of patients seeking to turn back the effects of aging. He has a true passion for making a difference in the lives of his patients. With his surgical expertise and over 20 years of plastic surgery experience, Dr. Bengtson travels the world educating other plastic surgeons on his innovative procedures and techniques. It is his passion to help you find the right path to ensure the safe, natural, and restored results you are seeking.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1995
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Recertification, 2004, 2014
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1997
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1987
- State of Michigan Medical License, Active, 1987
- State of Texas Medical License, 1992
- State of Georgia Medical License, 2011
Membership: Professional Organizations
- The Aesthetic Society
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Christian Medical & Dental Society
- Royal and Ancient Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons
- Mid West Association of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Kent County Medical Society
- Society of Civil War Surgeons
Awards and Achievements
- Sought-after Global Speaker and Educator on all topics of Cosmetic Procedures and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery with a specialty in Breast Augmentation and Secondary Augmentation.
- Voted "Best of Grand Rapids in Plastic Surgery" by the Grand Rapids Magazine for 10 consecutive years
- Voted as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor for 4 consecutive years
- Voted Best Doctors in America by his peers consecutively since 1996
- Recipient of two prestigious Tiffany Awards by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) - 2010
- Lead investigator in Breast Implant development and plastic surgery research
- Recognized by Allergan as a top 1% plastic surgery practice in the country
- Black Diamond Allergan provider for 9 consecutive years
- Elected as a New Beauty Advisory Board Member
- Recognized as a Real Self Top 500 Plastic Surgeon
Current Hospital Appointments1991 - present
- Spectrum Health Hospital System Butterworth Hospital and Blodgett Hospitals
- Metropolitan Hospital System
- Southwest Surgical Center
- Grand Valley Surgical Center
- New Vista Surgical Suites