Mastopexy for Grand Rapids, Birmingham, and Detroit in Michigan
At the Bengtson Center, we want you to love your breasts. Unfortunately, pregnancy hormones, weight fluctuations, and the simple combination of time and gravity can conspire to stretch the skin and pull them down—making once-perky breasts sag and droop. A mastopexy, or breast lift, at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center can help correct this problem by changing the appearance, size, shape, and position of breasts that have changed due to childbirth, weight loss, normal aging, or heredity. A breast lift in Michigan can also help reposition your nipple location, in addition to restoring shape and feel for a more youthful, natural appearance.
KNOW THE BASICS
- A mastopexy lifts sagging breasts so they sit higher on the chest, feel firmer, and no longer point toward the ground
- Breast lift surgery is an outpatient procedure performed with the patient under general anesthesia
- As a nationally recognized expert in breast procedures who has performed literally thousands of cosmetic breast surgeries, Dr. Bengtson has a wealth of experience with a range of techniques that can be customized to the patient
- Dr. Bengtson exclusively offers VECTRA® 3-D imaging in West Michigan, giving women considering a breast lift the opportunity to see simulated, highly accurate results before any surgery ever takes place
- A breast lift is frequently combined with other procedures for a Mommy Makeover, designed to help a woman's breasts and body look more like they did before she had a baby
What is a Breast Lift?
The change accomplished by a breast lift does seems to be right there in the name—it lifts the breasts, after all—and while that is true, the surgical procedure also does much more. In addition to positioning breasts higher on the chest, removing excess skin physically reshapes the breasts and makes them firmer. Dr. Bengtson uses VECTRA® 3-D imaging to show each patient what a lift could do for her silhouette, starting with actual images of her own body and digitally altering them to reveal her possible results. +Read More...
*Result may vary from person to person.
Why Should I Choose the Bengtson Center for My Breast Lift in Michigan?
Dr. Bengtson pioneered a 24-hour Fast-Trak Recovery Program for his breast augmentation patients, and he brings that same commitment to sophisticated surgical techniques and minimal trauma to give his breast lift patients the best experience possible with a quick recovery. Every woman's breasts and goals are unique, so Dr. Bengtson uses his extensive medical knowledge and experience with a range of body types to provide customized results that reflect your individual personality and aesthetic desires.
View Breast Lift Before & After +
Can I See My Breast Lift Results Before Surgery?
Envisioning your individual outcome is a critical part of the breast lift decision-making process, so Dr. Bengtson emphasizes the accuracy of VECTRA® 3-D imaging results—based on precision measurements and the careful inputting of anatomical details—to anyone who wants a good idea of what the surgery can do, with results visualized in real time.
Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Lift in Grand Rapids?
As we mentioned above, childbirth, weight loss, natural aging, or heredity can cause changes to the skin and other tissues, affecting the appearance, size, shape, or position of a woman's breasts over time. A breast lift In Michigan can correct these changes for our patients from Birmingham, Grand Rapids, Detroit, and beyond. +Read More...
What Goes Well With a Breast Lift?
Since a breast lift is ideal for women who have experienced childbirth and breastfeeding, the surgery works especially well with other procedures designed to generate results more in line with a pre-baby body. Tightening skin to address sagging is also the focus of a tummy tuck, which creates a flatter, more toned belly by removing excess skin and repairing stretched-out muscles. For pockets of fat that developed during pregnancy but stubbornly stuck around even after the baby was gone, liposuction is an effective solution. Mothers—especially those who have had multiple children—may also consider THERMIva® or a labiaplasty to rejuvenate their most intimate area.
Brad Bengtson, MD, FACS
"Best Plastic Surgeon - Grand Rapids" Grand Rapids Magazine for the past 8 consecutive years.
Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 1996 to 2018.
Sought-after Global Speaker and Educator on all aspects of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Bengtson's Breast Lift Research and Innovation
- Dr. Bengtson has performed many studies regarding the Vectra 3-D Imaging and Simulation, which allows patients to see breast augmentation and breast lift results prior to surgery—all in the privacy of his Grand Rapids, Michigan, office.
- Dr. Bengtson is one of the global leaders of Acellular Dermal Matrix such as AlloDerm® and Strattice™ for breast augmentation revisional surgery that may or may not be recommended to increase the longevity of your result.
- Dr. Bengtson is also one of the global leaders in using SERI™ Surgical Scaffold in breast revision surgery or in patients having surgery for the first time who are undergoing a breast reduction surgery or combining breast augmentation with breast lift, which can require additional support. Contact the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery in Michigan to see if you would qualify to be a part of the new clinical study of this FDA-approved product.