A Trusted Injectable for Grand Rapids, MI
Time may give you wisdom, but it also tends to give you lines on your face. As components vital to healthy skin break down over time, wrinkles and folds form, showing to all the world that you have the benefit of years of experience—whether you want to broadcast that fact or not. For women and men who prefer to reveal their age on their own terms, there is JUVEDERM® XC. Grand Rapids, MI, plastic surgeon Dr. Bengtson and his injection specialists use this member of the family of smooth gel dermal fillers to quickly smooth away wrinkles around your mouth, forehead, eyes, and nose.
Bengtson Center JUVEDERM® XC Basics
- JUVEDERM® XC is made by Allergan, the manufacturer also responsible for BOTOX® Cosmetic, Latisse®, and other trusted cosmetic treatments.
- This injectable is ideal for treating nasolabial folds, smile lines, marionette lines, and vertical lines, with results that last up to a year.
- The JUVEDERM® family also includes VOLUMA® (used to add volume to the cheeks).
- The Bengtson Center's Aesthetic Experts are specially trained in techniques designed to maximize aesthetic results while protecting patient health.
- Visible, natural-looking results are possible after just one treatment, and no significant down time is needed after a session.
- The "XC" in the name indicates the presence of lidocaine, which serves to minimize sensation at the injection site, improving comfort.
What Is JUVEDERM® XC?
JUVEDERM® XC is a hyaluronic-based injectable gel dermal filler offered for our Birmingham, Grand Rapids, and Detroit patients. Hyaluronic acid is found in every cell of our body. As a natural filler, this injectable is used in Michigan to treat mild to moderate facial creases by enhancing soft tissue volume to smooth a variety of wrinkles:
- Nasolabial Folds: creases that resemble parenthesis on either side of the mouth
- Smile Lines: lines that run vertically from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth
- Marionette Lines: vertical facial wrinkles and folds that form below the corners of the mouth
- Vertical Lines: facial wrinkles above and around the lips
Comprised of non-animal sources, the gel mimics the natural moisture-binding qualities of the skin and is safely and slowly re-absorbed by your body over time.
Why Might I Consider Getting JUVEDERM® XC in Grand Rapids?
It's safe, can be administered quickly, and offers long-lasting results. At the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center in Michigan, JUVEDERM® is the most common agent we use to address creases around the mouth, given its natural, non-surgical outcome.
Who Chooses JUVEDERM® XC in Michigan?
Despite time being a major factor in the formation of certain wrinkles on the face, age alone does not determine who would be a good candidate for dermal fillers like JUVEDERM® XC at our Grand Rapids practice. Women and men of various ages in Michigan choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible signs of aging. The following factors generally define good candidates for JUVÉDERM® XC:
- You understand what this dermal filler can and cannot accomplish.
- You accept the potential risks of JUVEDERM® and your responsibilities as a patient.
- You are physically healthy, emotionally secure, and stable.
- You are ready to commit to making healthy lifestyle choices that can help maintain the results achieved by JUVEDERM® XC.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.
What Else Should I Know About JUVÉDERM®?
- Remember that results last up to one year and are not permanent, so repeat treatments will be necessary for patients who want to maintain their results.
- Common, temporary side effects include minimal bruising, redness, and swelling.
- All cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.
How Will I Know What I Could Look Like After My JUVEDERM® Injections at the Grand Rapids Bengtson Center?
VECTRA® 3D Imaging of before-and-after images, along with a sophisticated virtual simulation, may also be used to help you visualize your post-injection results in Michigan.
Beyond JUVEDERM® XC
JUVEDERM® XC and its fellow fillers from Allergan are made to treat static wrinkles, which form due to loss of volume and more in the skin. For dynamic wrinkles, created by years of muscles repeatedly contracting in the same place, patients can choose BOTOX® Cosmetic, which relaxes the muscles for smoother skin.
Various injectables can be combined to give the face a refreshed look not possible with a single produc or treatment. Known as a "liquid facelift," this technique is customized to the patient seeking rejuvenating results.