Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update From The Bengtson CenterPosted On: March 13, 2020
With the recent outbreak and confirmed cases of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) throughout the world and now in Michigan, we would like to share our preparedness, response and current recommendations. Even though we have not had any known patients with the coronavirus in our practice, it is our priority to do our very best to prevent the spread of this virus. We are having all non-provider staff work from home and all our team is following current CDC guidelines and staying vigilant sanitizing the entire space as well as hand washing and sanitizing treatment rooms between patients. We ask that if you suspect you have flu-like symptoms or have been exposed to someone who is ill, to please stay home. We also ask for your flexibility if our physicians or providers need to reschedule your visit due to personal illness.
We’re closely monitoring the situation and following guidance from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) to help prevent the spread of illness within the Bengtson Center and recommend you also follow their guidelines:
- Avoid personal contact such as handshaking and hugging.
- Washing your hands with soap and water vigorously for at least 20 seconds, and/or use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding contact with people who are known to be ill.
- Staying home if you are ill and please contact your healthcare provider.
- For your convenience and if you would like to stay in your vehicle after you arrive, please call us from the parking lot and we will call when your provider is ready to see you. In addition, if you have products you would like to purchase we can take care of the transaction over the phone and bring your products out to your car.
Dr. Bengtson and Dr. Alfonso are waiving all cancellation fees, so you do not feel any pressure to come in for a consultation or procedure if you are not feeling well. We are monitoring the situation closely and we will communicate updates and plans as this dynamic situation evolves. We want to continue to provide care for healthy patients as long as we remain healthy, while continuing to do all we can to prevent the spread of illness and protect our patients.
We consider you part of our family and are grateful for your continued trust.
To stay up to date on the latest information refer to https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/Written by Bengtson Center for Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery